diy solar

diy solar

72v Golf cart battery to home battery generator?

yourunclefats

So I've completed my homemade 72v 230ah golf cart battery, video coming soon. Now that I've got everything done, like several of the members and build guides here, I have decided to see what I can do to make my cart a home battery generator. My power doesnt go out much, or for a long time usually, but would be easy for the wife and kids to plug the cart into the house for shorter outages instead of taking the genator out and setting that up. You have to move the cart to get the generator out so. Originally it wasn't a thought cuz I'm on 72v but I have an idea.

I have a JKBMS JK-b2a24s20p as my bms and 24 EVE 230AH cells. Currently wired up in series for 72v, but can easily modify wiring to incorporate a connector to switch between 72v, two 36v series in parallel, or three 24v series in parallel. From the two 36v / three 24v cells, i would hook up to growatt or other all in one inverter to power the house. Needing about 3kw or more in size would be nice.

Would I need a second / third bms to watch over and active balance the cells while in 36v or 24v mode? A way to make just the one bms work? Any other ways outside the box? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20230522_171135.jpg
    20230522_171135.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Back