diy solar

diy solar

8-post bus block source?

Hey all, I'm having a hard time finding bus blocks for a couple projects. Everything I see is 4-bolt or smaller and I've got 4 battery banks, the inverter, a SCC, and a battery saver that all need to talk to each other.

I could stack them 3 deep on each bolt but that seems a little sketchy and makes for some pretty ugly wiring. The only thing I've found so far is the BlueSea PowerBar 1000-8 which runs $200ea which is just painful! Should I just go with 3 sets of the Amazon 4-port bus blocks for less than a single BlueSea? Is there another source I don't know about that isn't $stupidmoney?

Somebody here has got to have figured this out, right?
I prefer and use Blue Sea power bars. I know the quality and have compared to other brands. I search and find Blue Sea at much lower than MSR. Here was a quick look and found for $150. https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-PowerBar-Connector-Terminal/dp/B011KJV5XK

Hey all, I'm having a hard time finding bus blocks for a couple projects. Everything I see is 4-bolt or smaller and I've got 4 battery banks, the inverter, a SCC, and a battery saver that all need to talk to each other.

I could stack them 3 deep on each bolt but that seems a little sketchy and makes for some pretty ugly wiring. The only thing I've found so far is the BlueSea PowerBar 1000-8 which runs $200ea which is just painful! Should I just go with 3 sets of the Amazon 4-port bus blocks for less than a single BlueSea? Is there another source I don't know about that isn't $stupidmoney?

Somebody here has got to have figured this out, right?
Hey boat guy..
I lived on mine for 12 years off the Carolina and Florida coasts .. 42 Pearson ketch.
Anyway I will not try to get into the “tech aspects” of your needs about buss barrs , these other guys will do that I’m sure ..but I believe what your asking for is what I bought several of recently.

. Blue seas and Marinco make at least several versions of upper end barrs …the 600 amp and 1000 amp with different post configs. I believe 4 to 12 posts…plus a few with screws connections .I got the 600 amp versions All 3/8 inch, 16 thread ,8 post…. they are very stout, heavy and made well. Best I could find anywhere For the size I needed.
they do make some 5/16 - 18 thread post but most of the larger ones are 3/8 inch on blue seas and the Marinco / BEP brand. The both make a wonderful HD Buss Barr ,with the cover included In some models . I got several of the 8 post blue seas ( no covers ) and 3 of the 5 post Marinco/BEP with excellent covers . They were about 125.00 ish or so when I bought them in April (now I don't know ) .I do know I got the blue seas on Amazon , I think marinco was too, but it may have been West Marine …I don’t remember…

good luck on your search.. I’m only relaying what you described you wanted , not what you may actually need… but both are great products.
Jim.

Back