diy solar

diy solar

Can I use 3/8 lug on 5/16 300A bus bar

Dinobot248

Another newbie question.

I'm working on installing the dual EG4 6500s with 6 Lifepower4 batteries.

I will install the 2/0 cables from each inverter to 300A standalone bus bar. I will install 4/0 cables from bus bar to battery rack bus bar.

Can I safely mount the 4/0 cables with 3/8 lugs and 2/0 cables with 5/16 lugs to the 5/16 bus bar? I know the 3/8 lug holes are a little bigger than the 5/16 threaded rod in the bus bar.

The alternative is to buy additional lugs to match the bus bar.

I'd cut the wrong sized ends off and crimp 5/16 on for a permanent install. In a pinch I'd use it as is.
Regardless I'd use some sort of oxidation guard.
Remember every terminal / connection / break in the wire adds resistance which creates heat and losses.

Would you install mismatch sized breaks on your car?

alternative is to buy additional lugs to match the bus bar.
A snug fit is preferred. Lugs are not that expensive and a few spares never hurt. My first purchase of lugs was too big for the terminals. Selterm sells a nice lug. Can even get on Amazon.

Another newbie question.

I'm working on installing the dual EG4 6500s with 6 Lifepower4 batteries.

I will install the 2/0 cables from each inverter to 300A standalone bus bar. I will install 4/0 cables from bus bar to battery rack bus bar.

Can I safely mount the 4/0 cables with 3/8 lugs and 2/0 cables with 5/16 lugs to the 5/16 bus bar? I know the 3/8 lug holes are a little bigger than the 5/16 threaded rod in the bus bar.

The alternative is to buy additional lugs to match the bus bar.
about 100+ bucks with great cover…650 amps .. Marinco…excellent marine build quaility ..center for power, 2 3/8 post on either side for 4/0 lugs….no stacking.

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpeg
    IMG_0592.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 8
Back