diy solar

diy solar

A “little” hand truck system...

Approximately 4.5KWh, 2400Watt inverter... 230v output... shore power and mppt built in.

Hmmm . Doesn't exactly have legs, but it does have wheels.
What do you do about theft?

looks like a PIP2424 to me, a LV2424 without grid-tie and parallel feature

Heh... this is my office... can’t get into my shop right now...
I am about to build a simple system like this.

Would you happen to have a very small 10aH or so battery that you could try this out on?

I want to get as close to no battery as I can without getting a 5048MG. So I figured any little pair of 12V's would work fine.

I have a Chevy Spark EV that wants to be Solar Powered! It charges at only 860 watts. It gets about 10 miles a day of use, normally it doesn't even get driven for 3 or 4 days at a time.

I just want to know what the inverter does when the battery is discharged. Will it keep supplying 120V?

I am about to build a simple system like this.

Would you happen to have a very small 10aH or so battery that you could try this out on?

I want to get as close to no battery as I can without getting a 5048MG. So I figured any little pair of 12V's would work fine.

I have a Chevy Spark EV that wants to be Solar Powered! It charges at only 860 watts. It gets about 10 miles a day of use, normally it doesn't even get driven for 3 or 4 days at a time.

I just want to know what the inverter does when the battery is discharged. Will it keep supplying 120V?
I would use lto for that. Tiny lto pack can push crazy current. Great as a buffer system

I agree, a tiny Ah battery wouldn't have the amps output ability to drive the inverter at any decent rate.

Hmm.
Ok, 8amps 120V, should only need a little over 40A from a 24V battery...
Hard to get over 25A from 12Ah battery though.
Doable though.

Back