diy solar

diy solar

Abbreviations/acronyms?

Mike Jordan

Solar Enthusiast
I have searched, but not finding. Is there a list of definitions for common abbreviations/acronyms used in the forum, or on manufacturers specs, referring to solar panels, charge controllers, and the rest of the parts of these system set ups?

Yes there is... See the link in my signature below.

What did you search for? Searching for "acronyms" worked for me.

Reading through some posts. DDP pops up a few times that is not on the acronym list. Translate and add to the list?

Reading through some posts. DDP pops up a few times that is not on the acronym list. Translate and add to the list?
DDP is a shipping term not a solar / electrical term. It is commonly used in Alibaba transactions. if you duckduckgo or google "incoterms" or "shipping terms" you will find a list of different shipping/customs terms including DDP

DDP is a shipping term not a solar / electrical term. It is commonly used in Alibaba transactions. if you duckduckgo or google "incoterms" or "shipping terms" you will find a list of different shipping/customs terms including DDP
Well DDP is certainly a well used forum term. And there are plenty of other well used non-solar / electrical terms already in the list i.e. AFAIK, AKA, BFE, CYA, DIY... and that is only the first 4 letters of the alphabet. Why discriminately against DDP, as part of those first four letters of the alphabet of well used non-solar /electrical acronyms? :)

Reactions: Dzl
I was only giving some context as to why it may not be on the list already. I agree it would be a useful addition to the list, considering how often it is used here and how obscure the term is to most people.

Do you know what UTI Charge means??

UTI – Only utility provides the power to your house. Solar and battery will only be used if the utility is not available.

???

So assuming 'UTI charge' would mean charging your batteries from grid power?

UTI Ref:

Back