diy solar

diy solar

AC200P Charger

Johnjayjrv

I asked this in Beginners corner but maybe someone can answer it better here. I bought an extra AC200P charger with the 7909 to XT90 cable. If I have a 48v LifePO4 battery that I put together can I use this charger to charge it? I'm assuming since the AC200P uses a LifePO4 battery that the charger should be compatible with any similar battery.

I asked this in Beginners corner but maybe someone can answer it better here. I bought an extra AC200P charger with the 7909 to XT90 cable. If I have a 48v LifePO4 battery that I put together can I use this charger to charge it? I'm assuming since the AC200P uses a LifePO4 battery that the charger should be compatible with any similar battery.
If you look in the AC200P BMS info you will see 16 cells at 3.2V so the same as your DIY 48V LFP battery so why the AC200P not work with the DIY battery?

The battery I'm building is going to be 4 12v in series. I'm hoping that the charger doesn't matter what config the batteries are in but just maintain the charge profile of any lifepo4 battery.

These are the baterries I am going to put in series for 48v. I'm hoping the AC200P charger will charge them. Keep me from buying another charger.

Just confirmed from bluetti that it's a 3 stage charger so I feel more comfortable using it for my build.

Yes I was able to use it to charge the packs in 4s from jag. It works perfectly. Charges it to 56.4 then cuts out.
That’s good to hear. I have 8 of those packs but was charging individually which has been a bit of a chore. All of the chargers jag recommended charged at 5 amps so I wasn’t sure if it was safe to use the bluetti 8 amp charger. Thanks for quick response.

Just confirmed from bluetti that it's a 3 stage charger so I feel more comfortable using it for my build.
Sorry, I'm a newbie and trying to understand what this bit means. 3-stage going into the bluetti or out of it? And what port(s)?

Sorry, I'm a newbie and trying to understand what this bit means. 3-stage going into the bluetti or out of it? And what port(s)?
It's the Bluetti AC charger that charges the AC200P. I use it with an adapter I bought off bluetti that converts the barrel connector to the xt90 in the battery pack. 3 stage means it dials down the charging in stages.

That’s good to hear. I have 8 of those packs but was charging individually which has been a bit of a chore. All of the chargers jag recommended charged at 5 amps so I wasn’t sure if it was safe to use the bluetti 8 amp charger. Thanks for quick response.
UPDATE:
I wired 4 of the packs in series and used the barrel plug to xt90 adapter sold by bluetti to charge all four at the same time with the AC200P charger. It took about 2.5 hours. Thanks again for the great idea!

I wired 4 of the packs in series and used the barrel plug to xt90 adapter sold by bluetti to charge all four at the same time with the AC200P charger.

OH! I totally get it now!!! DUH!

The AC200P has an internal 48v lifepo4 battery pack in it, so it would make sense that the AC charger that came with the unit would also safely / properly charge an external 48v battery pack! VERY interesting and awesome!!!

So, while it would be a lot of conversion losses, I could (in theory) take my solar array, into the AC200P's MPPT charge-controller, output to the AC plug, into the unit's charger, and then charge the 48v external pack?

This is all pretty interesting / fun stuff!!!!

OH! I totally get it now!!! DUH!

The AC200P has an internal 48v lifepo4 battery pack in it, so it would make sense that the AC charger that came with the unit would also safely / properly charge an external 48v battery pack! VERY interesting and awesome!!!

So, while it would be a lot of conversion losses, I could (in theory) take my solar array, into the AC200P's MPPT charge-controller, output to the AC plug, into the unit's charger, and then charge the 48v external pack?

This is all pretty interesting / fun stuff!!!!
Yes, that is what I have done and it seems to work well. The 48v 5amp chargers on Amazon seemed a little sketchy. I trust the AC200P charger.

Back