diy solar

diy solar

Adding a Dual Inverter

Spartaqus

I am about 85% complete on my first system. It started out as Bluetti, but couldn't afford their battery bank. It's a 12-volt system. I have almost everything in the diagram except the last two batteries and half of the roof (flexible panels). It's for emergency use only.

Can I wire in a second Inverter like the first one in the diagram? Then could I run them both at the same time?

I want to get a Samlex 2000w Inverter, but I really like the idea of having two Inverters for redundancy mostly. Truth is I should have gotten a nice 3000w inverter to start with but got a 2000w Renogy.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 10-27-2022  .jpeg
    10-27-2022 .jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 13
Read the manual and the spec sheets. If it allows inverters to either be doubled-up or put into split phase (like 240v), it will tell you.

Victron and other tier 1 inverters can (and they say they can), others cannot. If they don’t say - you can’t.

I don’t believe you can with Renogy.

Good Luck with your projects.

Neither the Renogy or the Samlex can be paired for split-phase. If you want to use both, you must make certain the two outputs never meet. But, just plugging into the NEMA sockets of either is fine.

I see a couple of poor choices here. Although Vitron makes quality equipment, you are limiting yourself buying the 100V model. That is their more low-budget, entry-level product for smaller systems. I would select one of their higher voltage/amperage models.

Second, don't buy 100W solar panels. Above about 300W, you get far more bang for your buck with higher voltage grid-tie panels. I my area, I've bought 260W REC panels for as little as 65$ recently.

Think about switching to 24V. Then you can wire the bank with fewer parallel battery connections. 24V makes sense if you have to stick with those 50A charge controllers. Don't kid yourself that a 12V, 3000W inverter is a viable option. No reputable company makes a 3000W inverter that is UL listed. (Yeah, Renogy does, but please don't call Renogy "reputable").

Last edited:
I appreciate all the info, it’s a lot to digest, definitely on board with the 24v! So much to learn, but it is fun to me! :) thanks!

Back