diy solar

diy solar

Adding a second battery alongside a renogy 200ah Bluetooth

uksuntimes

Currently have a Renogy 200ah Bluetooth battery.

I have that connected to an m1 monitor in the car.

I have the m1 connected to a 4g mobile internet dongle.

This way I can monitor all my power, use, etc from anywhere at anytime.

I’d like to expand my power as I use electric hob for cooking.

I use a 3000w inverter.

Adding another 200ah should give me enough for 3 days without any solar / alternator / shore charging.

However. I want to start moving away from renogy as I’ve had endless issues and awful support.

So. Should I / could I look at adding a different 200ah battery, but also add the renogy smart shunt so I can still monitor it all and put them in parallel?

Or should I look at another battery but also replace my M1 monitor with another brand of monitor that can connect to WiFi? Victron? Redarc?

Am in the UK if that changes potential suppliers etc.

So. Should I / could I look at adding a different 200ah battery, but also add the renogy smart shunt so I can still monitor it all and put them in parallel?

Or should I look at another battery but also replace my M1 monitor with another brand of monitor that can connect to WiFi? Victron? Redarc?

Both are valid options. As a Victron fan, that's my preference, though Victron can't connect to wifi - only bluetooth.

Once the batteries are in parallel connected with best practices, and top balanced, they should share current fairly evenly, and the Renogy BMS reported SoC will be mostly correct for the bank

Back