diy solar

diy solar

Adding wifi esp to seplos display?

itiot

Hi.
New here.

I am building a 33kwh battery with the seplos 10e with Bluetooth display and I noticed a empty spot on the pcb. It fits an esp chip.
I measured the pins and found that some pins fit the esp pins. Some don’t

So I took the chance and soldered an esp8622 programmed with esphome on. Well. No luck. Won’t boot. But nothing burnt.
The display is not used yet and is a spare. So no safety concerns here.
It’s probably for another chip brand

If you want to play around with it here is the pinout and some measuments:

I measured volt and diode mode
IMG_0792.jpegIMG_0789.jpegIMG_0791.jpeg

wifi from the seplos would be a great addition, good try !! has anyone else tried it and succeeded? i did wonder if using the comms cable that is plugged into a laptop could be connected into a router instead and the signal sent from there?

cable is not ethernet. but you can use a modbus over tcp box

i will try again as i accedently used an unprogrammed esp. but it seems that EN is not activated (or even connected) on the display, but i will try to hardware it on.

the cool thing about esphome inside the battery is that you can send messages to home assistant directly from the battery.

i wrote to seplos and they replied that the spot on the pcb is for an wifi chip but they are revising the pcb for a wifi chip. i did not get an answer yet on what chip. but it is properly the esp8622.

so i connected a terminal on the display. i used the tx rx pads one the empty space on the pcb.

when you turn on the display it outputs IM_READY. and nothing more as the display is not connected to the bms yet...

need to find a way to power the bms without battery.

so there is power for the esp on the pcb and data lines is also there.

now i just need to compose yalm for esphome. ... just...

Skærmbillede 2023-12-12 kl. 11.43.54.png

Back