diy solar

diy solar

Adding wind power to an existing on-grid solar system

SolarWindBoy

I have a 25kWp on grid solar system currently and am looking to add 4 1000W wind turbines to my system to allow generation of power when the sun isn’t shining.

The current solar array has a Vmax of 900V and Imax of 30A and I am using a Growatt MID 25KTL3-X inverter.

Due to the geography of the installation location, my inverter is located around 500m from my solar array. This large distance meant a high cable cost to reduce the impact of power loss.

I was wanting to see if anyone had any ideas about combining the wind power into the same cable as the solar power.

All the wind controllers I have seen seem to be for charging batteries so wouldn’t be appropriate for connecting to the solar cable.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

You want a grid tie wind turbine, they produce AC power , no need for a charge controller

(From memory they normally make AC 3phase which has to be rectified to house hold 110v/240v AC depending on location)

As the wind turbine is AC you can't really share cables with your DC solar set up . The power should be able to be combined AFTER the solar inverter

(Sadly for you, I am afraid you may HAVE to lay new cables)

Back