diy solar

diy solar

AGM battery charge profile for UPS usage only

naimc

Purchased a Renogy Inverter - Charger 2000 watt pure sine wave system to use solely as a UPS system, to keep computer , wifi router, and other small equipment while I power on a gas generator and flip on back feed breakers in my main AC panel.

Renogy unit :
Battery : https://www.vision-batt.com/site/product_files/6FM100D-X.pdf

I am programming the Renogy unit and I have to define the battery profile, the predefined profiles all seem to be for full charge / discharge cycles Not what I am looking for In the battery section I select other but I am confused as to what I should enter for the item 26 Bulk voltage , and 27 Floating voltage charging voltage.

TAb9aqMh.png

The 100 AH 6fm100d-x has printed on battery Standby use : 13.2-13.8 V. so is it simple as setting the bulk charging to 13.8 and floating to 13.2 ?

u8vVLOCh.png

thanks

Hey there! While I don't use Renogy chargers anymore (mine caught fire), my PWM is auto-set to 14.4V bulk/absorb and 13.3V float. While I've found great results with these charge settings, I might set the Renogy to 14.4V bulk/absorb and 13.2V float. Now anyone else, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this statement, but I can't think why these voltages should cause any issues as far as premature battery wear goes.

I gave the manual a look-over and couldn't find much detail on if it would hold a specific desired voltage. All I could say is set the voltages to the minimum of what your battery reads (14.4V and 13.2V), then monitor the system for a couple of days to see whether it holds at 13.2V. I would think if a heavy enough load got put on the battery to bring its voltage lower for a period of time, the charger might re-enter back into it's bulk stage?

Back