diy solar

diy solar

AGS from SolArk 15k to Honda EU 7000 is

Jwood

Have the Solar 15k and 12 Pytes batteries installed and running. I'm going out of my mind trying to find documents/instructions on how to hook up AGS from the 15k to the Honda EU 7000. Can somebody please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

You’re looking for Auto Generator Start for a portable style generator?

Interesting, in for the follow to see how this might work…

There's a little more to the story. I'm helping a friend install a SolArk system. He had some obscure Chinese inverter and batteries that failed after about 5 years. The company that installed the solar equipment cut the ignition connectors off the generator and spliced in unmarked stereo wire to hook up to their auto start system. I've been scouring the internet for wire diagrams and auto start instructions. The link that PV Girl provided was invaluable. With the photos in the wiring instructions that the distributer sent, and with his future help I think we will be able to identify what each wire does and be able to hook it up and have auto start. If you have a Honda EU 7000 (that someone didn't cut the connectors off!), the instructions look very easy and straight forward to implement. More to follow.......

So the portable Honda EU7000 has been turned somewhat stationary then. Interesting, has this friend built some kind of outdoor cover or home for this generator?

So the portable Honda EU7000 has been turned somewhat stationary then. Interesting, has this friend built some kind of outdoor cover or home for this generator?
This isn't my system. I'm helping a friend with the install. His generator has a aftermarket kit that vents it to the outside. It's in the garage but has venting.

This isn't my system. I'm helping a friend with the install. His generator has a aftermarket kit that vents it to the outside. It's in the garage but has venting.
Yeah, I asked if ‘your friend’ had some kind of enclosure for this portable generator turned standby. Sounds like he has.

I’ve looked for something similar to start my Firman Generator and eventually gave up because the cost of the start devices that might actually work are as much as the generator. In my case I’ll use a push notification to myself to go start the thing.

I’ve looked for something similar to start my Firman Generator and eventually gave up because the cost of the start devices that might actually work are as much as the generator. In my case I’ll use a push notification to myself to go start the thing.
I asked him for the link to the equipment he's using to vent the generator

Last edited:
EU7000 exhaust system.

This is what he has. Seems to work pretty well. He also has a fan plugged into one of the 110 outlets that runs and gives the generator some air flow around it for cooling. His generator has no CO detector. That might be an issue with this setup. There is a slight exhaust smell in the garage. It's not 100% clean air in the garage with it running but not too bad either. However, I wouldn't want to be doing any work in there with the generator on and no ventilation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 4.53.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 4.53.29 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 4.53.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 4.53.44 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Back