diy solar

diy solar

Aims 12/24v charger green sticker stating 12v only

SeanWatts

I just purchased an Aims CON120AC12/24DC charger. In the listing and in the part number it shows it will change 12 or 24 volt batteries. I have seen Will charge 24 volt batteries with the very same charger.

Here comes the weird part. It has a green sticker on the box that says it only supports 12 volt batteries, and any reference on the box to 24v is crossed off with a marker. I contacted the seller, and they stated that it had the incorrect sticker on it and it is good. I called Aims, and they said if it has that sticker it will not charge 24v unless I send it in.

I have noticed a lot of places that sell Aims, show this as not available or sold out. Aims doesn't have any that will work for 24v either. Anyone else have problems with this charger not working on 24v? I think I got a lemon, and need a refund.

Well, maybe tell that vendor what AIMS told you, and see if they will exchange it if it fries and isn't a 24v charger, and if they say yes (you have our blessing), then go plug it into a 24v (maybe outside), and see if smoke comes out, or if it charges a 24v battery.

If they won't give their blessing, then just return it to the vendor untested...

Something smells fishy!
Let me guess Ebay?
Exactly. Yes it was ebay. eBay and that other site named after a river in South America where the only places that had it available. I am starting to think they had a bad run, that will not charge 24v batteries, and that is why there are none available from reputable sites.

I would send it back.
Are you stuck on Aims for some reason? Meanwell makes a decent product as well if Aims is having shortages.

Back