diy solar

diy solar

AIMS Inverter Remote Charge Control

LouFromDetroit

Hi All,

Just wanted to share a design on how to remote control the charging on an AIMS "Green Monster" PICOGLF25W12V120AL

I have a ESS / solar system with 11KW of battery and often times I wanted shore power active but did not want the batteries to be charging - like during the day when my electricity is on PEAK cost or on off peak weekends when I want to charge via solar only but have shore power active. I typically charge the battery at night and discharge during the weekdays.

I would normally need to rotate the black dial to the "0" position . But I was curios on how difficult it would be to automate this as I was concerned the switch might fail from excessive use and wanted the ability to do this if I was out of town.

I contacted AIMS and ordered an extra LED board pictured below to see what the design consists of. Basically it is a digital switch in red box that controls 4 outputs that go from the red box to the connector in the yellow box. I just added a ac controlled relay that shorts the top left 2 pins in the red box and it seems to automate the charging now for position 1. You can short different pins to get any position needed. Now I can have a separate shore power/pass thru schedule and a charge active schedule. Hope this helps.

1690028623883.png

That would of been handy for me back in the day when I ran my aims inverter. Thanks for sharing.

Back