diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant: SOC Control System

mikaelmaingard

Hi all,

I'm seeking to understand how I can control battery state of charge over time within a hybrid setup (battery + Deye/Sunsynk inverter + grid). More specifically, the goal is to control the battery within the system such that it tracks an optimised schedule (see image below), which takes into account certain environmental forecasts.
1709707590643.jpeg

In my mind, there are two ways to theoretically do this: 1) control the power setpoint, and 2) control the minimum battery SOC. My issue with idea 1 is that the battery will need to service a variable load, so controlling the setpoint may bring about some complexities. Idea 2 seems to be the most viable option.

To elaborate on idea 2, a control system could retrieve min_soc_ref, the minimum battery SOC required for t+1, from the optimised battery schedule and then remotely configure the inverter setting such that it doesn't go below this reference SOC until it is reconfigured during the next control loop (see image below). An iterative adjustment of minimum battery SOC should theoretically enable the battery to service the variable load whilst also tracking the optimised schedule as much as possible.
1709707590661.jpeg

I have been looking into Solar Assistant, and I have two questions: 1) is there a better way to achieve the goal? And, 2) is it possible to set a minimum battery SOC on Solar Assistant for Deye/Sunsynk inverters?

Thanks very much for your time. Kind regards.

Mikael Maingard

Back