diy solar

diy solar

AIO under-reporting PV amps?

meetyg

Solar Addict
Hello.
I recently got to connecting my PV to my MUST 3kw 24v AIO (PH18-Plus).

I have noticed that it's under-reporting PV amps, sometimes as much as 1.5 amps.
Overall PV wattage reported also seems to have about 100w missing.

How I checked this:
1. Using SolarAssistant, looking at PV amps, volts and wattage.
2. Inverter LCD display (only shows PV wattage and volts, but matches what SA is displaying).
3. Using a clamp meter (zeroed out) at the PV lines on the input of the inverter.
4. Checking PV voltage at the inverter using a multimeter. Voltage reported by inverter seems to be pretty accurate.

I have also check all panels independently using the ELEJOY EY800w solar panel multimeter.
All PV wattage measured the ELEJOY and by manual volts x amps calculations add up to 850w total.
But the inverter is reporting only 750w.

I know my inverter has a self consumption of around 50w and my loads are currently also around 50w. But this 100w consumption is also taken into account if I compare wattage going into the batteries (650w).

So where is the missing 100w?
Has anyone been able to calibrate the PV amps on these types of AIOs?
Basically the MUST is originally a Voltronic Axpert clone (not a re-brand).

Here are some pictures from my testing:
Screenshot_20240403-105259_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240403-104156_Chrome.jpg

Small discrepancy exists because PV changes fast in between my screenshots.

20240403_104237.jpg

Am I too finicky about 100w missing?
Kinda ruins the totals being calculated by SolarAssistant.

Out of 4 AIO's I have used only one seemed to report PV wattage consistent with a independent clampon ammeter and voltage calculation would suggest. Yes, any reporting software will simply report what the AIO measures for values. They all seem to be fairly good at voltage readings but how they measure current (wattage is calculated from this and voltage) is variable.

Thanks.
I've seen documentation regarding battery voltage calibration on some inverters, but nothing on PV amperage.

I guess I'll have to live with it then...

Back