diy solar

diy solar

All Electric Tractor

AlaskanNoob

Solar Enthusiast
After our heavy lifting projects are done on the homestead, would be great to sell the excavator and track loader and get one of these in our goal to be self sufficient. For relatively small tasks, a tractor would be a jack of all trades and in the summer when we do such tasks we'd have unlimited fuel from the sun.

Autonomous ability could be great for plowing a field and the follow me function would be cool for angering fence posts and such.

But the two main problem with all this new tech is the "over the air updates" that basically gives some company the ability to turn your machine into a paperweight for whatever reason, and also the battery has limited cycles and if it goes or gets damaged the costs are overwhelming.

Perhaps with some DIY ingenuity the over the air update functionality could be disabled. But they probably have thought of that already as governments like ours are mandating the ability to disable our private property at their whim for "safety" as they have recently done with cars.

Incredibly difficult to get rid of big brother aka OTA/Internet connected vehicles. (Which is everything since around 2018 or so)
As someone who has recently attempted to do so in my 2020 vehicle, there are definitely provisions there that make it extremely difficult.
Here are some:

1. Uses ESIM, no way to pull out the SIM
2. There are 4 LTE antennas and the controller triangulates among the 4 to get signal (3 are external, 1 internal).
3. Disconnecting the module produces all kinds of errors in the car, and they can not be coded out (Those in the know will know what this means)
4. Physically disconnecting 3 external antennas still makes the device operate on the fourth internal antenna. (And also lights up the dash with all kinds of errors that can not be coded out)
5. No way to "Code out" internet connectivity alone.
6. Coding in "Transport Mode" (FLight mode) will disable this, but it also disables things like Airbags, and a lot of other safety systems and also limits car speed to 25mph.

This is just some of the stuff i discovered. Still trying.
Glad i have my 2014 where all kind of connectivity is easily disabled by just pulling out the SIM

Incredibly difficult to get rid of big brother aka OTA/Internet connected vehicles. (Which is everything since around 2018 or so)
As someone who has recently attempted to do so in my 2020 vehicle, there are definitely provisions there that make it extremely difficult.
Here are some:

2. There are 4 LTE antennas and the controller triangulates among the 4 to get signal (3 are external, 1 internal).
3. Disconnecting the module produces all kinds of errors in the car, and they can not be coded out (Those in the know will know what this means)
4. Physically disconnecting 3 external antennas still makes the device operate on the fourth internal antenna.

Glad i have my 2014 where all kind of connectivity is easily disabled by just pulling out the SIM
Could you just "Faraday Cage" the antenna's?

Could you just "Faraday Cage" the antenna's?

It would not work. Its easy to do on the "Fin" antenna, but there are 3 more, one internal (in the comm module that is buried deep in the vehicle). Wrapping it in tinfoil (Faraday cage) would only make it work harder (ie use stronger RF emissions), as i doubt its possible to completely envelop it given the car chassis.
BTW, Tin foil (actually aluminum foil) does work, i wrapped around my water meter (Which was installed before we bought this house, i would never allow a smart meter), and now I enter the readings manually as the company can no longer read it. They send me emails about meter replacement every month lol :)

Here are some:

4. Physically disconnecting 3 external antennas still makes the device operate on the fourth internal antenna. (And also lights up the dash with all kinds of errors that can not be coded out)
6. Coding in "Transport Mode" (FLight mode) will disable this, but it also disables things like Airbags, and a lot of other safety systems and also limits car speed to 25mph.

Yeah, it's a serious problem for sure. I would think there would be a huge opportunity for a business to spring up that would specialize in removing/hacking such functionality in products, but companies would likely just make regular updates (checking in with their servers) hard-coded so that the item being cut off would stop working. And if there was a way around that, government would just make it illegal.

Could be a fun startup though, to try and to review these awful products and provide a "freedom friendly" certification. Maybe the market would correct the issue. Doubtful though as convenience is a helluva drug.

As a person who loves technology, I'm increasingly thinking going Luddite is the only path forward if liberty is to exist in any real measure.

Yeah, it's a serious problem for sure. I would think there would be a huge opportunity for a business to spring up that would specialize in removing/hacking such functionality in products, but companies would likely just make regular updates (checking in with their servers) hard-coded so that the item being cut off would stop working. And if there was a way around that, government would just make it illegal.

Could be a fun startup though, to try and to review these awful products and provide a "freedom friendly" certification. Maybe the market would correct the issue. Doubtful though as convenience is a helluva drug.

As a person who loves technology, I'm increasingly thinking going Luddite is the only path forward if liberty is to exist in any real measure.

I hear you loud and clear - I feel the same way. Only now i know why - these companies are all nudged by globalist "funny money" (This explains why they dont even care about losing customers).
This means that a company like that would not be allowed to exist.
What would work, is if everyone called their car company and told them they demand big brother to be suspended immediately on their vehicle and threaten to sue them, but sadly, when you post about these things in most car tech forums most people are still 200% normies thinking you are crazy for wanting some privacy.
In another generation all will be lost - people will sell their soul to the tech gods, for convinience (Until the cage slams shut on them, but then it will be too late)

I hear you loud and clear - I feel the same way. Only now i know why - these companies are all nudged by globalist "funny money" (This explains why they dont even care about losing customers).
This means that a company like that would not be allowed to exist.
What would work, is if everyone called their car company and told them they demand big brother to be suspended immediately on their vehicle and threaten to sue them, but sadly, when you post about these things in most car tech forums most people are still 200% normies thinking you are crazy for wanting some privacy.
In another generation all will be lost - people will sell their soul to the tech gods, for convinience (Until the cage slams shut on them, but then it will be too late)

I don't think the lawsuits would even help. Contract law and voluntary exchanges and such. Before even getting into how principled and independent the judiciary may or may not be.

I don't think the lawsuits would even help. Contract law and voluntary exchanges and such. Before even getting into how principled and independent the judiciary may or may not be.

Sadly, I agree with you. But they do fear public pressure. If a million people would call and demand alone, this would move mountains.
This why they instead concentrate on brainwashing the sheep "its for your convinience/safety"

Sadly, I agree with you. But they do fear public pressure. If a million people would call and demand alone, this would move mountains.
This why they instead concentrate on brainwashing the sheep "its for your convinience/safety"

Agreed, the market place is likely the best place to solve this issue.

But unfortunately liberty-mindedness is in low supply and there's even lower demand.

Perhaps those  weirdos that dress up and go to renaissance fairs will outlast everyone.?
As far as automation goes, I won't bother to watch the video as it wreaks of $$$. But if you can buy a lawnmower that can map your yard and not turn fluffy into patte, sure an industrious DIYer can make something work.
https://dronebotworkshop.com/elegoo-robot-car-part-3/

Oh Oh

Yeah, that's not good. Starlink is great, but it's very dangerous. And it tracks the exact location of your dish. Persistent eye in the sky at relatively low altitude and the satellites do have cameras (they say to monitor space). Elon's ties to the military industrial complex, China, and his Pied Pipering of so many "conservatives" and "libertarians" and "alternative media" on Twitter who praise and defend him while he censors more than the previous regime, makes him somebody completely undeserving of the accolades he gets as a so-called free speech champion.

Yeah, that's not good. Starlink is great, but it's very dangerous. And it tracks the exact location of your dish. Persistent eye in the sky at relatively low altitude and the satellites do have cameras (they say to monitor space). Elon's ties to the military industrial complex, China, and his Pied Pipering of so many "conservatives" and "libertarians" and "alternative media" on Twitter who praise and defend him while he censors more than the previous regime, makes him somebody completely undeserving of the accolades he gets as a so-called free speech champion.
Agreed. And if you have followed any of the right-to -repair legal issues, JD is throwing all of their lawyers against the farmers. Nothing good can come from this.

EV lawnmower marking high light at trade show. Be the star of the neighborhood. If they put lifepo in them would be better. Not going to use in winter in most cases. Setup to use as a backup emergency inverter energy supply - dual purpose. Just an idea. IMG_4546.jpeg

You can’t even buy toy drone if it uses any type of gps - your phone because they will track you now. Same would apply to anything on gps for mapping.

Never seen a good Billionaire That includes Trump. At some point They got their money by standing on and controlling other ppl.

current show is being the good guy. Ever seen good cop bad cop played out? ?? These ppl are exactly what was stated by George Carlin where he states “they are in a club and we are not allowed into it. He even stated these rich fuckers hate us.‘‘

After our heavy lifting projects are done on the homestead, would be great to sell the excavator and track loader and get one of these in our goal to be self sufficient. For relatively small tasks, a tractor would be a jack of all trades and in the summer when we do such tasks we'd have unlimited fuel from the sun.

Autonomous ability could be great for plowing a field and the follow me function would be cool for angering fence posts and such.

But the two main problem with all this new tech is the "over the air updates" that basically gives some company the ability to turn your machine into a paperweight for whatever reason, and also the battery has limited cycles and if it goes or gets damaged the costs are overwhelming.

Perhaps with some DIY ingenuity the over the air update functionality could be disabled. But they probably have thought of that already as governments like ours are mandating the ability to disable our private property at their whim for "safety" as they have recently done with cars.

Unfortunately if it had any type of outside kill switch it would be a no go for me.
Have seen some smaller units from China that appear to work great.

That’s exactly what they did with emissions crap on diesels.
EPA now shuts down your business.

I have not been on X but why would you say he censor more than Twitter did?

EV lawnmower marking high light at trade show. Be the star of the neighborhood. If they put lifepo in them would be better. Not going to use in winter in most cases. Setup to use as a backup emergency inverter energy supply - dual purpose. Just an idea. View attachment 189548

You can’t even buy toy drone if it uses any type of gps - your phone because they will track you now. Same would apply to anything on gps for mapping.
I have a Ryobi 540e that I swapped out the lead acid for LIFEPO4.
Works great.
Better than trying to drag my Kubota around with a 60’ land pride mower.

Reactions: D71

4 hours work time per charge?
I don’t think that’s going to get much traction.
No pun intended.

Back