diy solar

diy solar

All I want for Xmas-off grid micros

Bluedog225

Texas
It’s been a little while since I checked in on this issue and I thought I’d give it a shot.

I’ve got plenty of panels, and 4 nice new SOK server rack batteries from currentconnected.com.

As I dig in the clay and rock for my ground mount, I keep looking up at my nice, flat, no shade roof wishing there was an easy, simple, way to get off grid microinverters to use up there. For a lot of reasons but mostly for the lower fire risk from all the types of faults.

Looks like the Hoymiles are not going to work. Too bad.

I’ve heard rumors of Enphase IQ7s (not commissioned) working but can’t find a step by step or a retailer who will help me with equipment selection.

Has anyone got any leads on something like this?

Thanks

It’s been a little while since I checked in on this issue and I thought I’d give it a shot.

I’ve got plenty of panels, and 4 nice new SOK server rack batteries from currentconnected.com.

As I dig in the clay and rock for my ground mount, I keep looking up at my nice, flat, no shade roof wishing there was an easy, simple, way to get off grid microinverters to use up there. For a lot of reasons but mostly for the lower fire risk from all the types of faults.

Looks like the Hoymiles are not going to work. Too bad.

I’ve heard rumors of Enphase IQ7s (not commissioned) working but can’t find a step by step or a retailer who will help me with equipment selection.

Has anyone got any leads on something like this?

Thanks
From what source would these micros get their grid reference and control?

I was under the impression that a grid-forming inverter would serve this function.
UL1741SA (as I understand it) has some specifications to freq shift control of AC coupled inverters. I know next to nothing on the topic, but something that I read (Sol-Ark settings) suggested a standard to cause AC coupled inverts to throttle back not just force them to be on or off with wild frequency shifts.

Back