diy solar

diy solar

All in one and mains power charging.

Daley

I have a 48v all in one and battery bank.

Today I had mains power installed at the location I am at and I don’t seem to be able to get the all in one to charge from mains.

The icon for mains shows up but I can’t get it to charge. Is there a voltage setting I am missing? I even tried setting the unit to only charge from utilities and that didn’t work.

Any advice is much appreciated.

There is a setting on that which decide what to use for charging. I believe the default is solar only. The other option is utility only and other is solar and utility. I believe it shows CSO or something.

Yep I have tried changing that setting to utility only but it won’t charge from shore power even doing so.

I have the mpp PIP 2424LV-MS unit which is of course 24 volts. But what I do to charge the battery with grid power is, 1. connect the batteries( da), 2. connect the AC to the input, and nothing on the AC output, 3. then turn the power switch on the side of the unit to off (this turns the inverter off only). This starts charging my batteries from the grid or solar or both, but make sure the Charger Source Priority setting is on Utility first or Solar and Utility setting. I found the secret is to turn the inverter off with the switch on the side of my unit. If I leave the inverter switch off, my solar panels will turn the unit on and charge the batteries when the sun comes up and the voltage is high enough. Hope this helps

I found the same thing as Doug, some settings only “take” with the inverter switched off. I found once the charging or and other desired setting changes start you can switch the inverter back on and the settings hold. If using the software and you click something and they ask for the “administrator” password you have to click that setting again after you enter the password to get it to take. If you go to the “user” battery type charging settings, you have to set that first to “user” selection then set the rest of the voltages you want. Nothing sticks on custom battery charge profiles until after the “user” battery type is clicked (at least true if using the Watchman software to make those changes).

Thanks for the help, I shall keep trying until I get it working.

By both legs you mean the live and the neutral? I have a 10gauge cord coming from a 15amp supply, wired into the unit live to live neutral to neutral and earth to earth. Icon shows up for shore power and voltage/hz show up but can’t get the charge icon to show.

I will reach out to MPP tomorrow to see if they can help any.

I shall also try changing settings with inverted in the off position.

Thanks for the help, I shall keep trying until I get it working.

By both legs you mean the live and the neutral? I have a 10gauge cord coming from a 15amp supply, wired into the unit live to live neutral to neutral and earth to earth. Icon shows up for shore power and voltage/hz show up but can’t get the charge icon to show.

I will reach out to MPP tomorrow to see if they can help any.
four wires going in from shore power.if you are using just 110 which is 3 wires,it wont charge.i found out last week when i did my first install.
would not charge till i had all four 220 A/C grid wires in.
that would be 2 legs of 110 each.

Ah well that explains that then!

I guess I’m not getting shore power on the school bus through the mpp then!

Bit late for that now!
i will figure out getting 220v to it or make a separate 110v panel for things when needed.

Back