diy solar

diy solar

All in one inverter for mini split

Roverguyjoe

I’m looking at setting up a small system for running my mini split in my garage. Mainly looking at doing it to get familiar with how everything works. I’ll be running a 12,000 btu 115v mini split. I’m looking at using renogy lead acid 200a batteries. Can anyone recommend a good budget all in one inverter/charger?

I would check out MPP Solar or Growatt, they both seem to have some great value all-in-ones... I have a pair of MPP LV6548s, but perhaps you could just get one to start with. Then if you decided later that you wanted 240v you could stack a second one, or just get a LV6048 single if you need 240v on a standalone, without stacking.

Last edited:
Not sure if you'd be in the market for something like this or not, but HotSpot Energy offers DC mini-split systems which can run on batteries or solar only, directly...

48v:

Batteryless solar 12v vs 48v battery comparison:

Or just can use a conventional style 120v AC input mini-split (plenty of people off-grid to this way fine), so then you can play with the inverter and the whole chain of components in your 'lab' study...

Last edited:
This has given me some thought. My TT is parked near my garage so why not install a mini-split in my garage and power it from the TT?

seems like you would get free heating and cooling...well, kinda free vs. letting that solar energy go to waste.

I did think about DC mini splits but I picked up a unit with WiFi at lowes for $625 after military discount. Also liked that I could run it off my generator (Florida/hurricanes) easily.

I would eventually like to run a few other things off what ever system I install.

Back