diy solar

diy solar

All-in-One Inverters

CompassAV

I'm new to solar, but want to build a DIY 24V, ~5kWh system. I saw Will's video recommending the MPP Solar PIP-2424LV-MSD. I like the product, but looks like it's backordered on Watts247 and I've heard that knockoffs are being sold on Ebay. Can anyone recommend a quality ~2.4kW alternative to the MPP, or another reputable site to purchase the MPP? Thanks.

There is a lot of Knockoff of the PIP-2424LV-MSD. I have the 2424lv controller that I bought the MPP and really like it. The only problem is that it can't handle the whole house so I will have to split the house electrical into two sections. one for general use, use the controller can handle with no problems. The other half of the house, (clothes washer and dryer, garbage disposal, dishwasher, heater, and microwave oven) all draw too much power for the 2424lv to handle.

If I would have known better and not such a newbie, I would have bought the 24V, ~5kWh instead as it could handle my whole hose and I wouldn't have to slite the power-up between the controller and the Utility power.

I'm new to solar, but want to build a DIY 24V, ~5kWh system. I saw Will's video recommending the MPP Solar PIP-2424LV-MSD. I like the product, but looks like it's backordered on Watts247 and I've heard that knockoffs are being sold on Ebay. Can anyone recommend a quality ~2.4kW alternative to the MPP, or another reputable site to purchase the MPP? Thanks.
As ArthurEld said you can buy directly from MPP Solar through Alibaba. The MPP's are cheaper buying that way but you will not get the support Ian would give you. Here is the link and it's official:

As ArthurEld said you can buy directly from MPP Solar through Alibaba. The MPP's are cheaper buying that way but you will not get the support Ian would give you. Here is the link and it's official:

I also am interested in the All In One - just not sure whether I should go with 24v or 48v....I will be putting 2200 watts of solar panels on my trailer and want to have enough battery for some decent storage.....recommendations??????

How badly do they hose you on shipping if you order through Alibaba?

How badly do they hose you on shipping if you order through Alibaba?
They ship DHL. I believe the DHL shipping prices and the MPP Solar prices shown on the website are fairly accurate. Best to chat with them and have them give you a quote.

Back