diy solar

diy solar

Hi, need some advice on a all in one AIO for my van conversion system please

=MIZ=

Hi there, i have been reading the forum for some time and watching Will's video and have finally made the jump to build my system in my van here in the UK

so far i have bought a 48v Fogstar battery 5.12 kw/hr server rack battery
and i have plans to buy 4 x 200w mono solar panels

i would like some advice on the best AIO most likely MPP solar, as they are reasonably easy to get to the UK, (i looked at EPG4 and Growtech but they seem harder to get here) i would like remote monitoring preferably something I could add to a raspberry pi running home assistant to show state of charge at least, but if not at least some information in the living area as the AIO will be hidden away.

i am currently looking at the PIP5648MT, mainly as it is one of the few 48v AIO that has a 60v minimum mttp range ( as i believe it will have to be that low for my small array to work??)
i take it is possible to remotely turn off the inverter with an AIO?

so my questions are:

is there a better option for the AIO that you would recommend

also, i am also thinking of adding a Sterling 12 to 48v b to b charger,
would this work for me? is there a better option?

also is there a high amperage 48-12v step down you would recommend? as i have a 44 amp car stereo upgrade i would like to power off the leisure battery as well as the usual fridge, lighting, and 12 v systems.

thanks for taking the time to read this

Sam

Last edited:
Do you actually need 5000W?

Because the 12V jump around seems ambiguous if all you need is to run a fridge or a coffeemaker now and again. My small residential space has way more than enough headroom with a 2000W inverter on 12V batteries, and I use a smaller residential fridge, a coffeemaker, vacuum, and a clothes iron now and again. I don’t lack for power with 4.8kWh of batteries. Plus all above except vacuum will successfully will run on my 1000W MPPSolar 1000W secondary/backup AIO.
Exceeding the watt goal is great, but is it necessary? Or will it actually benefit you?

Typically AIO have high idle watt draw. This is the most important as you don't want it burning 100w+

Back