diy solar

diy solar

All-in-one

mariajjenkins

I have a Ford Transit Connect the cargo area is approx 6' x 50". Also, have a tiny cabin. Want to use my solar wherever I am. Would the MPP RV/Cabin 24v system be portable enough, quiet enough for use in both set-ups?

I have a 24volt MPP. Its big and heavy and a bit loud. I have it as a home unit so it works for me. I love the simplicity, graphic display and the automatic transfer function. It will power a load with solar first, then battery, then utility, then back to solar if the PV watts start to exceed the load. I think separate components would be quieter and easier to transfer from a van to a tiny home.

I have a 24volt MPP. Its big and heavy and a bit loud. I have it as a home unit so it works for me. I love the simplicity, graphic display and the automatic transfer function. It will power a load with solar first, then battery, then utility, then back to solar if the PV watts start to exceed the load. I think separate components would be quieter and easier to transfer from a van to a tiny home.

what model do you have? Just wondering.

Newbie question on these MPP all in one units. Will they power on without PV input? In other words, can you provide A/C input and battery connection, and power the unit on? Or must it detect PV current to power on? Just bought one but it doesnt power on yet . No solar array yet to plug into it. Feedback appreciated!

Newbie question on these MPP all in one units. Will they power on without PV input? In other words, can you provide A/C input and battery connection, and power the unit on? Or must it detect PV current to power on? Just bought one but it doesnt power on yet . No solar array yet to plug into it. Feedback appreciated!
The battery is the must have to start it up, the solar input is not needed.

uhoh, mine didnt power on, not even a beep. Granted it was a single 12v battery, but i figured it would throw an error/beep at least

Thank you. I wil ltry to get 24volts going. I do have two batteries in my dually that I could "borrow"

Would the MPP RV/Cabin 24v system be portable enough, quiet enough for use in both set-ups?
The all-in-one units are typical used as a simple turn-key solution. Building your own would certainly be smaller / more portable. Have you considered the 'solar generator' type product? They are designed to be portable.

The all-in-one units are typical used as a simple turn-key solution. Building your own would certainly be smaller / more portable. Have you considered the 'solar generator' type product? They are designed to be portable.
Maxoak Bluetti 2400 watts 12 volts is a discounted $1668 on Amazon.
Only has a 1000 watt inverter.
Can be charged wih 500 watts solar when over paneled.
How would using the same panels on the van and cabin be set up?

Back