diy solar

diy solar

Aloha everyone ?

stanimal

Aloha to everyone in the solar community! My name is Stan and me and my other half are super stoked to finally own a solar powered generator of our own after all the years of partially residing at our off grid farm here in the big island of hawaii. We have a Bluetti EB240 that we bought almost a couple of years ago and has been a real trooper out here during several power outages and camping trips. Unfortunately it recently stopped charging due to an error E021 and we're kinda stumped on where to go from here. We tried to contact bluetti but it's been a couple weeks with no email reply and was worried about it after reading someone else's post here on how he was treated by customer service and wondered if there was something for us to try like a factory reset or home repair before we decide to attempt to return it for a replacement, for the shipping takes a couple of months due to the hazardous materials contained within the unit is only shipped by boat. I'm pretty confident in dismantling the unit but if there was any pointers to help that would be awesome to go from. We hope someone out there can walk us though this because this was really a helpful investment and just super sad to see that error come up. Mahalo's?

I don't know if it will help any, but check this out:

The error code indicates a low-temp, but just like in the thread above, I doubt that is the problem in Hawai.

In Will's battery tear-downs he has seen temp sensors that got unplugged. Many there is a temp sensor connector that got jostled out of its socket. (That is just a SWAG)

I have never taken apart a commercial solar generator so I can't say for sure what to look for, but the temp sensors for low temp are almost always two wires with a connector on one end and a small bead-looking thing on the other. My guess is the small bead would be stuck near or between the batteries but would not actually connect to the battery. If you can find that, make sure the connector end is tightly plugged in.

Back