diy solar

diy solar

Alternative power distribution mounting / box?

uksuntimes

Over the summer I used the resources here and on Will's videos to build my first ever, prototype solar system for my car camper.

So that I could learn and build inside on a bench first, I put everything in a sub woofer box.

Over winter, I now want to take everything apart and mount it more efficiently and correctly, ideally straight into the vehicle, or at least a much more space conscious box/system.

This will include more use of bus bars etc as well.

Now, I would simply mount everything under my false floor, however, I have a couple of issues

1) the Renogy MPPT needs to be able to ventilate and has to be mounted upright
2) I want to be able to get to everything / see the screens and readouts etc.

So my question is
Are there any recommendations of more space saving distribution boxes/panels, or even custom builds for inspiration that I could install in the car, that would also still keep space for me to add the M1 display and the MPPT charger mounted correctly?

I am not worried about having the battery installed in the box as well, and I plan to mount the battery in the rear footwell, along with a second battery to double my capacity.

I suppose really I am looking for inspiration on better car mounting, as I don't have walls to mount to like you would in a van.

Attached is prototype 1 :)

Attachments

• C1B403B1-769D-4CD4-9BBD-0926DDD0A871.jpg
    C1B403B1-769D-4CD4-9BBD-0926DDD0A871.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Back