diy solar

diy solar

Ampere Time Vs Power Queen 100ah

jwilson007

Trying to narrow down my options for the batteries I intend on putting in a small sailboat build that I'm working on. Both Ampere Time and Power Queen seem like good options based on all the info and reviews I can find. Great deal on Power Queen right now, can get the 100ah for under $330 before tax.

Looking over specs these look almost identical on the surface, same dimensions, weight, 5 year warranty, and all that. Just curious if anyone may have more info or personal experience with these and see what you would suggest. Is Ampere Time worth the extra $$? Does one company offer much better support that would be worth it?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

I would go with AmpereTime or Chins, IMO. PowerQueen is still a bit of an "unknown" at this point.

I bought the 100ah Power Queen Premium after watching a youtube video by John Daniel on it. I haven't really had a chance to exercise it yet, so the jury is still out, but so far it is working.

I thought the powerqueen and amperetime were the same battery? They sure share alot of exactly the same designs....

FWIW, I myself, purchased a 12v 100ah PowerQueen for my RV.

I bought the 100ah Power Queen Premium after watching a youtube video by John Daniel on it. I haven't really had a chance to exercise it yet, so the jury is still out, but so far it is working.
The Premium version has been discontinued

On the Chins site 319.99 no tax and free shipping. Great customer service.

I watched that same video. Here is a question why do you want a product that lets the amps exceed the rated output per the bms? Think about that as a safety issue for a moment and then get back to me. .......... heat build up.

.... exactly why I did not buy that brand. Saying it exceeds the 100ah rating in an output of power means to me that the bms is functioning via software past ''watt" it should. Pun intended. That is a defect in my book. If the product engineer designed to exceed the listing output then it should be labeled and marketed as such. Right? To be safe products are often under rated and don't over produce.

I went with completely unknown set of batteries ..... wished, Will or someone had done a video on them with a disassembly. I actually needed 48 volt battery and the cost of majority of well rated server rack batteries with shipping is twice as much as what ended up buying..... 4 of my chosen 12 volts 100ah smart lifepo. I won't recommend them other then price per features. Would be nice to see someone cut one open for a deep dive. Give their opinion on youtube VS other batteries.

I don't want to see someone show a product that outputs more then the label rated bms output as a good thing. If it is so good then the company should again up their marketing game to advertise it. Right?

Edit added: to original poster ... warranty from china is a crap shoot.... lot of these chinese companies are here today gone tomorrow. Warranty doesn't mean what it use to. For a boat if you are going way out or long travels would get the best you can afford. Same for airplane you can't usually just pull them over to side road and call for Road Side Assistance.

Last edited:
I thought the powerqueen and amperetime were the same battery? They sure share alot of exactly the same designs....

FWIW, I myself, purchased a 12v 100ah PowerQueen for my RV.the same battery?
the same battery?

Don't know if I can get any response on this but I have a 6 month old Power Queen 200ah heated version. Was going to add another awhile ago but they are out and have no clue when that might change.
Thinking of going with a Litime as they look almost identical. PQ says I can't use a heated version and mate it with a non heated so I have limited options.
Maybe wait it out until PQ is available
Thanks

Back