diy solar

diy solar

Amps high wired in series

kwmalik

Hello I recently purchased two 200w solar panels from Renogy(RSP200D) and wired them in series multimeter said I was getting 33v..,17-19a as did my renogy 40a mppt rover controller…wired in series I should only be getting enough amps from one panel not both…I tested both panels individually with multimeter all numbers were good…I then connected them in series and tested before connecting to controller and multimeter said 18.7a..33v…then connected to controller and get same reading..HelpPlease..

Attachments

• IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 17
Was the 17-19a the charging current going to load/battery out of the SCC?

Is this a 12v or 24v system?

It’s impossible to connect two panels in series and have current be higher than the name plate.

Can you post a picture of how the panels are connected?

Was the 17-19a the charging current going to load/battery out of the SCC?

Is this a 12v or 24v system?

It’s impossible to connect two panels in series and have current be higher than the name plate.

Can you post a picture of how the panels are connected?
Plus to minus then a plus and minus to cc…at the connectors before connecting mp4 connectors 33v… 17-19a..I am currently not connect rite now but I have included a diagram

Attachments

• IMG_2867.jpeg
    IMG_2867.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 12
I think what might have happened is either you had the multimeter dialed to the wrong setting, or the leads were plugged into the wrong recepticals. Was the black wire plugged into "COM", and the red one into "10ADC", or "VΩmA"? If connected as you would for voltage, you will get an incorrect amperage reading.

I think what might have happened is either you had the multimeter dialed to the wrong setting, or the leads were plugged into the wrong recepticals. Was the black wire plugged into "COM", and the red one into "10ADC", or "VΩmA"? If connected as you would for voltage, you will get an incorrect amperage reading.
No I did the correct procedure for setting meter…I’m currently unhook from solar now and sun is covered in thunderstorms currently but once it clears up I will set up panels and test them again and post pics later show you what I have that could be tomorrow so…thanks for your help

No I did the correct procedure for setting meter…I’m currently unhook from solar now and sun is covered in thunderstorms currently but once it clears up I will set up panels and test them again and post pics later show you what I have that could be tomorrow so…thanks for your help
Good morning to you brother have sum pics for you this morning…panels are wired in series and getting over 20a…36v with (2)200w panels with 30a fuse at panel

Attachments

• IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2902.jpeg
    IMG_2902.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 14
I bet thats an mppt charge controller, and it's showing amps at battery voltage, not pv amps. 400w divided by 12v = ~33a...

Edit: or maybe you've discovered a method for tapping into overunity zero point energy!

Good morning to you brother have sum pics for you this morning…panels are wired in series and getting over 20a…36v with (2)200w panels with 30a fuse at panel
Thanks for the pictures. Do you have a clamp meter?

Really easy to verify current with a camp meter.

Thanks for the pictures. Do you have a clamp meter?

Really easy to verify current with a camp meter.
I do not cc was getting hot took back to Home Depot returned…order another…upon further inspection of panels discovered that wiring is just pushed inside makes contact but not connected to any thing persay….I’ll bring them back too…will keep u updated thanks!

If they were pushing 22a into your battery I don’t think anything was malfunctioning?

I fear you’re returning equipment because of your lack of knowledge of how things work.

Back