diy solar

diy solar

An actual 600A 48V+ disconnect switch

I have breakers for everything else.
I chose this switch for my 600a wiring.
A DC breaker would have been extremely expensive.
Makes sense.

I'm currently working on a 48V system with a working range below 40A, so I'm trying to find components that would fit the bill but keep the cost within reason.

Makes sense.

I'm currently working on a 48V system with a working range below 40A, so I'm trying to find components that would fit the bill but keep the cost within reason.
DC breakers have been very cost effective.
Up to 125a

Does anyone have the 600 A version of this installed? Does it make/break ok at 48 nominal, if that needs to be done under load in a pinch? What’s the resistance? Any problem connecting lugs for doubled 4/0 cable?

I put in an amazon chinese non-ul bypass breaker. shorted out under load and cost me a lot of money.

For what its worth, stick to UL listed and certified products unless you know how to repair lots of items around your home.

Does anyone have the 600 A version of this installed? Does it make/break ok at 48 nominal, if that needs to be done under load in a pinch? What’s the resistance? Any problem connecting lugs for doubled 4/0 cable?
I have this exact switch on my batteries. So much better than the cheap Chinese switch that came with my case. Pretty heavy duty. No issues with lugs. I’ve turn it on or off under power, but not under load since I also have a 300a breaker that serves as my inverter switch.

UL lists, but does not certify.

You got any UL-listed 600 amp 60+ volt DC switches to recommend?
Blue Sea systems has 600 amp switches, but I couldn't find 60+ volts. But you may want to speak to their sales or look in their area for industrial switches. maybe zoro.com or grainger.com.

Back