diy solar

diy solar

Anker SOLIX F2000 paired with 4 x Renogy 150 Watt Solar Panels - Advice please

digitalfm

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an Anker SOLIX F2000 to help power my garden office. I will be pairing this with 4 x Renogy 150 Watt CIGS Flexible Thin-film Solar Panels.

The specification of my solar panels are as follows;
  • Max Power at STC: 150W
  • Short Circuit Current: 9.34A
  • Optimum Operating Voltage: 18.66V
  • Optimum Operating Current: 8.04A
  • Open Circuit Voltage: 23.75V
  • Maximum System Voltage: 600VDC
  • Maximum Series Fuse Rating: 15A
Could I ask for your guidance please around the optimum configuration for my panels to the SOLIX F2000 i.e. Would this be 4 panels in parallel, or I’d be better off running two pairs in series to increase the voltage? I’m still learning about the most optimum way to hook up panels within the tolerance of the unit, so your help would be much appreciated.

I will also need an XT60 to MC4 adapter but see a lot online about adapters wired the wrong way. Anyone know which pin on the XT60 output of the unit is the positive?

Many thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated.

Last edited:
2s2p with those Renogy.

however for fixed semi-permanent install I would recomend proper hard glass/frame panels. They are a lot less expensive per watt and likely can find some local off marketplace in the 2-4 quantity.

CIGS are really expensive for the output. You need to have a good reason to justify it.

What is your reason?
I managed to get the Renogy CIGS panels at £125 each, so at that price I couldn't resist. I need CIGS as they will go on the roof of my garden office which is at it's maximum height planning wise. There was no option to use a normal panel.

CIGS seem a lot more durable, quite efficient, handle shade better, and simply stick down, I can't see any down sides.

Last edited:
Back