diy solar

diy solar

Annoying multiplus configuration setting

Solarfun4jim

Solar seduced :-)
Looking to run my 24V lifepo4 pack at conservative SOC limits. This means setting my low voltage DC input cut off at 25V(3.125v/cell). The only problem with this is, there is an automatic default minimum DC input reset voltage of 2v, thus the unit wont reset for delivering power again till it hits 27v, which by my conservative capacity limits, means that you almost have to charge the pack back up to full, if you happen to have been shut off at the bottom. Even if this could be adjusted to 1-1.5v, this would mean that you could start using power again when you were say 30% charged again. Just seems to me that this configuration is not suitable for lifepo4 cells, despite selecting the lithium settings.
Anyone know of a decent workaround on a 24/3000/70 multiplus?

I don’t think it will quite be that large of a time to reset.
First there is some voltage drop while using the batteries. So the batteries will recover some voltage after the low voltage cutoff kicks in. That resting voltage is the “true” voltage.
The same thing will happen when charging. The charging voltage will be above the resting voltage. So the inverter will restart earlier than that level of voltage.

I don’t think it will quite be that large of a time to reset.
First there is some voltage drop while using the batteries. So the batteries will recover some voltage after the low voltage cutoff kicks in. That resting voltage is the “true” voltage.
The same thing will happen when charging. The charging voltage will be above the resting voltage. So the inverter will restart earlier than that level of voltage.
Yes i understand, however if i set the low cut off at 25.2v(3.15v/cell) right where my cells just start to diverge at low discharge amps, then after the cut off, the resting voltage will have climbed to say 25.7v , then allowing say 0.5v forward bias on the charge side get you to 26.2v
Add on the remaining 1v and you are looking at 27.2v that the inverter needs to see, before it resets dc input, which is almost a full charge.

If i set the cutoff voltage lower to compensate, say 24.4v then i will be discharging to well under 5%% SOC, which i did not want to do.

Back