diy solar

diy solar

Another, Anyone buy one these ? Battery post

dktool

I am taking the leap to Lifep04 for my RV house bank, been digging through Amazon for the best feature bang for my shallow pockets.
I don't have a shunt monitor as of now and if I had a bluetooth feature in the battery I don't think I would need to sweat having a shunt.

Here it is, I would love to see Will Prowse take his oscillating cutter to this ;

20240222_123612.jpg

A couple weeks ago it had a $90 coupon which brought it down to $509

Last edited:
No. I bought a chins 200Ah for about that ($500) and no discount while still having a degree of faith out of the gate.

Last edited:
You need a good shunt and monitor much more than you need bluetooth in your battery.
After some contact and questions to them, the bluetooth information includes;
* overall voltage
* charge remaining percent
* individual cell voltage
* temp
* difference between cells
* real time amps charge and discharge
* ah used and remaining
* charge cycles
* history tracking
The touch screen pages have most of the same info.

Seems like this is equivalent to a lot of shunt data plus some internal health reporting.

Whatever battery you purchase, I promise you that being able to look "inside" the battery from time to time is a valuable.
You can always add a blue-tooth shunt.
From time to time you will wonder if the battery is performing as it should and viewing individual cell voltages during a charge cycle can be valuable in ensuring you get the battery "FULLY" charged and the cells actually get balanced.
Many shunts need to know what the starting point for 100% SOC is so knowing the battery is "FULLY" charged when adding a shunt is extremely helpful.
I will not buy a battery I can't monitor in detail as I believe down the road several years after purchase I have/need a tool to verify the battery is performing as it should and if necessary I can take steps to ensure the battery gets "FULLY" charged.
Batteries and attached equipment periodically need to be recalibrated.
Over time what 100% SOC means is affected by varying charge/discharge cycles as well as battery internal discharge (albeit not nearly that of a lead acid battery).
Being able to keep the entire system tuned will ensure longer life and a better return on your investment as well as piece of mind.
In addition if you experience any warranty issues you will be able to collect and provide better documentation.

@Will Prowse doesn't have a Dewalt Oscillating cutter so cutting this battery open may prove to be difficult.

Whatever battery you purchase, I promise you that being able to look "inside" the battery from time to time is a valuable.
You can always add a blue-tooth shunt.
From time to time you will wonder if the battery is performing as it should and viewing individual cell voltages during a charge cycle can be valuable in ensuring you get the battery "FULLY" charged and the cells actually get balanced.
Many shunts need to know what the starting point for 100% SOC is so knowing the battery is "FULLY" charged when adding a shunt is extremely helpful.
I will not buy a battery I can't monitor in detail as I believe down the road several years after purchase I have/need a tool to verify the battery is performing as it should and if necessary I can take steps to ensure the battery gets "FULLY" charged.
Batteries and attached equipment periodically need to be recalibrated.
Over time what 100% SOC means is affected by varying charge/discharge cycles as well as battery internal discharge (albeit not nearly that of a lead acid battery).
Being able to keep the entire system tuned will ensure longer life and a better return on your investment as well as piece of mind.
In addition if you experience any warranty issues you will be able to collect and provide better documentation.

@Will Prowse doesn't have a Dewalt Oscillating cutter so cutting this battery open may prove to be difficult.
All good points.

Re: Will, I watched him dissect batteries with an oscillating cutter on youtube...

After some contact and questions to them, the bluetooth information includes;
* overall voltage
* charge remaining percent
* individual cell voltage
* temp
* difference between cells
* real time amps charge and discharge
* ah used and remaining
* charge cycles
* history tracking
The touch screen pages have most of the same info.

Seems like this is equivalent to a lot of shunt data plus some internal health reporting.
Those built in monitors are notorious for being incorrect. I suppose you could get lucky and get a good one in a super cheap batery, but I wouldn't trust it.

But I do trust a BMV 712.

I did buy this battery, here is the cell voltage after full charge and balance completed.
Is this good balance or ??

Screenshot_20240302-222951_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg

Back