diy solar

diy solar

ANT BMS Troubleshooting

natefxx

My 100a ANT BMS is giving an incorrect voltage reading on cells 3 and 4. I have checked the voltage on the cells and through the balance cables(which have the right reading). Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot/fix this issue?

"7-16S 100A Lipo LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Protection Board Smart Bluetooth BMS"

Attachments

• s-l1600_28.jpg
    s-l1600_28.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 18
which wire diagram did you use? i had the same problem and blew up my first BMS becouse they use 2 types of wire diagrams:rolleyes:

used the 8s diagram, the wiring is correct, the voltage reading through the BMS is off by 1+ volts on cells 3 and 4

look good at wire diagram and type of BMS i made the same mistake look at pics same BMS other wire diagram

bms1.jpgNaamloos.png

Screenshot_20200815-094625.png

All cells are balanced at 3.35v...wire leads for cell 5 and 12 are not connected and read 0 volts at connector. Must be an internal BMS issue

how many cells do you have? 14? i see 16!! when i look at this you use the wrong setting... you must tell the BMS how many cells you have

did you check all the cells with multimeter that all the cells are the same?.
wiring looks ok

did you check all the cells with multimeter that all the cells are the same?.
wiring looks ok

Yes, all cells were balanced in parallel prior to series wiring and checked with multimeter. I also checked the leads at the connector plug for the bms to verify voltage reading was correct going into the bms when i encountered the issue.

yes, i rechecked them after hooking up the BMS, cells are all the same voltage

Back