diy solar

diy solar

Any recommendation for buying Solar Panels in US.

Yes, anti-backfeed diodes would take care of the reverse-current problem, at some power loss (so long as they don't fail shorted; not the assured reliability of a fuse.)

Fuses would be a good solution.
I think ganged breakers works too.
I've heard new codes will require non-polarized breakers.

I just happen to have an old 6p 15A breaker, which I'm using in one system, feeding an SCC.
All my multi-string PV inverters have fuses, or a combiner box with fuses.

Renvu and CED Greentech are both convenient in your area. I bought my system components from CED about ten miles from me in Santa Rosa. Considering some more panels in the next six months.
Hi Ampster! I noticed we are both in the same part of CA. I recently moved to Santa Rosa from the east coast and we are trying to figure out how to add an off-grid system to our new (new to us) home. We live in the county (not actually in the city limits) and we are mostly worried about the permitting process as we want to do it ourselves. Do you happen to have any experience preparing an application for Sonoma County? I read that when they get applications from DIYers, if they find any errors they'll just tell them to get someone to do it who has experience. I wondered if you might have anything to add on this?

I wondered if you might have anything to add on this
i pulled the permits myself online with the county. I did pay a guy to do the permit package paperwork including the single line diagrams. He was very thorough and the permitting went smoothly. His fee of $800 include the application for a NEM agreement with PG&E. PM me and I can give you his contact info.
The inspector was a little bit picky but it only took two visits. He never even went on the roof.

Back