diy solar

diy solar

Anybody use iPad on the forum? Notice “T” getting left out when typing?

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody have a CLUE why iPads do this?
I have the click on when typing, I hear the letters being hit, but FREQUENTLY, when I type, the t gets left off the beginning of words...
routinely I will be posting, and re read posts and find the post missing the t...

Let’s test this to try out lots of TTTs. TTTTTTTTTTTTttttttttt

It’s working for me. Lots of Ts and clicks. Testing with an iPad mini 4 running iOS 14.4.

Are you using a hardware keyboard or the onscreen keyboard?

Onscreen.
It obviously doesn’t do it all the time, but it is frequent enough to seriously annoy me.

Try holding the iPad turned 180º from how you normally use it. See if that changes the behavior at all.

Also run the Settings app and go to General -> Keyboard -> Text Replacement. Anything there that might be make some Ts disappear?

Try holding the iPad turned 180º from how you normally use it. See if that changes the behavior at all.

Also run the Settings app and go to General -> Keyboard -> Text Replacement. Anything there that might be make some Ts disappear?
On my way! Is there for omw... that’s it.
It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s an autocorrect glitch...

I went into autocorrect and turned off slide and key flicks... maybe that’ll solve it...

I stopped using the ipad keyboard and use one from the app store, lots more features and no missing t's.
Not that i noticed any letters missing before i changed but i wanted the < and > keys to move the cursor.

I stopped using the ipad keyboard and use one from the app store, lots more features and no missing t's.
Not that i noticed any letters missing before i changed but i wanted the < and > keys to move the cursor.
I have a Bluetooth keyboard I use sometimes, but it kinda limits the portability of the pad...

I have read some threads here from my ipad, but I only seem to sign in and post from my computer. Not sure why. I blame pandemic.

I use an iPad for the majority of my posts and have never had that issue. FWIW.

Sounds like @Supervstech has a dead zone on his touch screen!

I've had various iPhones with a dead zone in one part of the screen. It's a real pain when it's in the upper corner where you need to often click to "x" out of apps/windows.

Back