diy solar

diy solar

Anybody Using Multiplus Aux Charge Port?

HRTKD

Boondocker
Staff member
I have yet to connect the Multiplus Aux Charge port to my standalone 12v battery that is used to start the generator and run the tongue jack. Documentation on the Aux port is rather sparse.

When does the Aux battery get charged? Is it only when the Multiplus would also be charging the main house battery? Such as when there is shorepower available?

I used to use it on my old RV. Not sure but it's just a trickle charge like 1a so not really noticeable either way

A trickle may be enough. I need to replenish the draw from the generator (both from the starter and ongoing load required to run).

A trickle may be enough. I need to replenish the draw from the generator (both from the starter and ongoing load required to run).

should be exactly what it's designed for. I'm thinking it's always on but you should be able to check voltage to be certain.

It's been on my list of things to do. I kept the non-LiFePO4 converter to charge the generator battery. But I have to remember to turn it on. The Multiplus Aux port would be a set it and forget it solution.

It's been on my list of things to do. I kept the non-LiFePO4 converter to charge the generator battery. But I have to remember to turn it on. The Multiplus Aux port would be a set it and forget it solution.
There isn't even a set it option, no settings or anything i could find just crimp a tip and plug it in.

Back