diy solar

diy solar

Anyone buying these 305ah envision cells?

I'm glad I found this thread. I was thinking of building 1-2 EEL enclosures and looking for cells. Had debated on 1 "good" pack of LF280K cells and 1 "cheap" pack with the Envision cells. I figured if the Envision's degraded quicker or weren't quite up to snuff, they'd probably age similarly to 280's. Sounds like even if you ask for non-swollen cells, they can't/won't find them and make the enclosure work.

@Surferdudemi I'm guessing you tried with thinner/no dividers between the cells and it still didn't fit?
Yes, I tried both the fiberglass/epoxy panels and the foam sheets included with the EEL box. Right now I'm trying some compression to see if they will fit eventually.

This is shit... I so over paid for my sfk cells almost $180.00/cell for the 304... Now its $150.00/cell delivered with the cash coupon. I'm no where near with my build either just ordered some sepolos cases and those aren't going to be here for at least 2 months I could have just waited?
Re: 48 Cell EVE Pallet LF304 Prismatic Lithium Certified Automotive Grade 3.2v ... https://www.sunfunkits.com/product/...smatic-lithium-certified-automotive-grade-32v
48 cells for $7500 = $156 per 304 Ah cell. While not sure how much for shipping / and don't need more than one 48v battery bank at present. ... That "Certified Automotive Grade" Looks Great to me; thinking this is way to get an "A Quality" cells (with some question). ... w 48 minimum order = 3x 48v 304 Ah battey banks. Liked the higher amp terminal options too. What is that cash coupon about? and where could somebody find one?

Last edited:
Also for people complaining about the price, Last year the Grade A 280K was $190 before shipping:

So look a $50.00/cell drop.

These things are priced like Fuel, and fluctuate, its a good time to buy now because USD to Yuan ratio is good, Chinese economy is weak and current cells are kicking butt like.

I very much expect prices to go up so from here.

Also for people complaining about the price, Last year the Grade A 280K was $190 before shipping:

So look a $50.00/cell drop.

These things are priced like Fuel, and fluctuate, its a good time to buy now because USD to Yuan ratio is good, Chinese economy is weak and current cells are kicking butt like.

I very much expect prices to go up so from here.
That Web Link did not work for me this morning. then it finally did work ... but price was $189.99 /cell ... Got my Curiosity up, cause I am looking at options for Econ Priced Prismatic LifePO4 Cells for a 48 v DIY Build. ... I have one ENVISION AESC 305Ah Grade B Cell on way here to see what I think (plus experiment / to replace one early drain 280 Ah Eve in one of my 24v banks) :+) ... Gona see what ENVISION AESC offers on Alibaba (express) ... Read ENVISION AESC is building a manufacturing plant in USA for EVs.

Last edited:
Just received the 20 cells via FedEx. So shipping was fast. Less good is that the swelling of the cells is 3-5mm. I.e., none less than about 3mm and none more than about 5mm. I'm going to try loading them into my EEL enclosure tomorrow to see if they still fit, but have my doubts. If they fit, I can run some tests over the next few days to see how they perform. WIll need to top-balance them. Didn't check voltages yet.

To set expectations, I limit the charge rate to <0.2C. Typically, I've been charging my 271 CATL cells at 35-40A, for example.
Question for Surfdudemi: Were these the ENVISION AESC 305Ah Grade B Cells? Lots of dialog in this thread; including mention of other batteries cells. Wondering if the cells you described with the 3mm - 5 mm swelling were the ENVISION AESC 305Ah Grade B Cells, or possibly some other cell mentioned in this thread?

Last edited:
Just got 8 of the Envision 305s from 18650 for a 4S2P 200A setup. I was very impressed with their 305 CALBs (marked 325 to 329 ah, no bulging, $129 each) but sold out now so I figured the Envision 305s would not disappoint from a grade B persepctive. I'm sure the 304 EVEs for $150 will be awesome cells too.

The Envision cells are all bulged a bit, 3 to 5 mm is a good estimate as previous poster stated. I expected that and not worried about it. Voltage in each box was within .001V. The cells in first box were labeled 306ah April 2023 and the second 308ah May 2023. Planning 4S2P or possibly 8S1P. Will test Saturday.

Ordered 4S 200A BMS direct from JBD but they were a little slow to ship so I ordered another JBD from Sriko. Ordered a few of the JBD screens to try out, that could come in handy with a WiFi cam to see pack SOC and control loads when not home.

Attachments

• 20230822_161941.jpg
    20230822_161941.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 57
Question for Surfdudemi: Were these the ENVISION AESC 305Ah Grade B Cells? Lots of dialog in this thread; including mention of other batteries cells. Wondering if the cells you described with the 3mm - 5 mm swelling were the ENVISION AESC 305Ah Grade B Cells, or possibly some other cell mentioned in this thread?
Yes, they were the grade B cells for $89 ea. Minimum was 3mm (all had at least a littel swelling). With some compression, it reduces the swelling a lot. Presumably as the bulging flattens out and distributes the pressure evenly on the aluminum casing.

Yes, they were the grade B cells for $89 ea. Minimum was 3mm (all had at least a littel swelling). With some compression, it reduces the swelling a lot. Presumably as the bulging flattens out and distributes the pressure evenly on the aluminum casing.
Are you happy with them? I'm torn between 'grade A' from ezeal or these for a lot less money and a lot more capacity.

I have 16 of the Envision 305ah, in a EEl case, they are on a balancer(Hel Tec) and a 200a seplos BMS from EEL(w/case). They have 10 cycles on them, and have a balance of 0.005-0.029 mv, under this setup. They are tied into 8x100ah packs (3x 48v eg4 lifepower, 2 x trophy 100ah eve, 2 x Jackipier 100ah, and a jdb /eg4 8 cell x 2. This is all feed from a SolArk 15k, I have 16 304ah EVEs on the way, #2 EEL box is already here.
The Envisions 12 of 16 had a little swelling, they will fit the EEL case, but will not do foam/spacers on all cells, have looked athe the system with a fluke thermal cammera in charge and discharge mode,(garage @90, all cells with 4.5amp charge(80A) temp was +2-3 deg F., discharge was at 4.0 per cell(64A) same 2-3 deg above ambient. I have had no cell leakage, boxed arrived in good condition. Hope this helps with someone battery build.

I have 16 of the Envision 305ah, in a EEl case, they are on a balancer(Hel Tec) and a 200a seplos BMS from EEL(w/case). They have 10 cycles on them, and have a balance of 0.005-0.029 mv, under this setup. They are tied into 8x100ah packs (3x 48v eg4 lifepower, 2 x trophy 100ah eve, 2 x Jackipier 100ah, and a jdb /eg4 8 cell x 2. This is all feed from a SolArk 15k, I have 16 304ah EVEs on the way, #2 EEL box is already here.
The Envisions 12 of 16 had a little swelling, they will fit the EEL case, but will not do foam/spacers on all cells, have looked athe the system with a fluke thermal cammera in charge and discharge mode,(garage @90, all cells with 4.5amp charge(80A) temp was +2-3 deg F., discharge was at 4.0 per cell(64A) same 2-3 deg above ambient. I have had no cell leakage, boxed arrived in good condition. Hope this helps with someone battery build.
only remark i can make ( have envision 305 a grade cells, seplos mason box , 200A seplos bms and neey balancer), please make sure you put the foam in between the cells, as it will provide isolation between the cells, and will make sure pressure is even between the whole surface of the cells

Would love to, but could not get comprsion plate to even start with foam on all of them, but in a couple of days I will pull pack apart and try again, will hit up Lowes and get some longer screws for the plate. Thank you for the advice.

My second EEL box has not yet arrived. I tore apart my first box when I first got these cells to test them. No way they would fit with either foam or epoxy panels. Trying compressing them a bit in groups of 4 to see if I can get them conditioned to fit when the box arrives. All of mine were slightly swollen.

only remark i can make ( have envision 305 a grade cells, seplos mason box , 200A seplos bms and neey balancer), please make sure you put the foam in between the cells, as it will provide isolation between the cells, and will make sure pressure is even between the whole surface of the cells
Yeah, I don't trust the blue PVC wrap. One pole of each cell is tied to the case, so you could potentially short out cells if the PVC is pierced and they make metal to metal contact. A year or two ago someone from (The Netherlands?) posted about a cell that vented. After doing some more research and checking my cells with a voltmeter, I figure one of those cells shorted out and I don't want that to happen here! Safety third ... er ... first!

Yeah, I don't trust the blue PVC wrap. One pole of each cell is tied to the case, so you could potentially short out cells if the PVC is pierced and they make metal to metal contact. A year or two ago someone from (The Netherlands?) posted about a cell that vented. After doing some more research and checking my cells with a voltmeter, I figure one of those cells shorted out and I don't want that to happen here! Safety third ... er ... first!
Which is why, even when reasonably compressed/fixated, the seplos cases come with eva foam..
Next to that, one would want an even pressure over the whole cell..

I must say that my cells fit like a glove in my seplos case ( just like my eve's), but they had no swelling ( at least not more than a small bump where the anode and cathode are, just like my eve lf304's)

Does expansion come more from temperature or charge amps, or it just happens no matter what?

Does expansion come more from temperature or charge amps, or it just happens no matter what?
To be honest a mixture of both..
Regardless, the goob inside will expand due to electrons flowing..
Remember, these alu casings are really really thin, unlike the plastic casings of time past, and even those would swell eventually

Back