diy solar

diy solar

Anyone got DAP shipping instead of DDP ?

ramiws

Xuba has been avoiding and ignoring my questions about the VAT amount that I pay through them. Is there any seller that ships DAP so I could handle the customs and VAT myself?

Xuba has been avoiding and ignoring my questions about the VAT amount that I pay through them. Is there any seller that ships DAP so I could handle the customs and VAT myself?
all of them?

Have you or anyone actually got a DAP deal? I am not talking theoretically

i ordered always with boat shipping, and handled all taxes myself. (actually i had to designate a shipping handler in the harbor, who does everything, there is no other way)

i ordered always with boat shipping, and handled all taxes myself. (actually i had to designate a shipping handler in the harbor, who does everything, there is no other way)
You mean you were not even offered the DDP option?

When ordering a pallette full of cells, shipping by boat is the cheapest way

Do they actually pay VAT and duty using DDP? I very much doubt it. There isn't enough money in there.
If that was the case then my shipping for 32 lishen cells is only about £150, Which is way too cheap.

Do they actually pay VAT and duty using DDP? I very much doubt it. There isn't enough money in there.
If that was the case then my shipping for 32 lishen cells is only about £150, Which is way too cheap.
The way I understand it is if you request DDP the price will go up to cover the cost of import. It’s not that you don’t pay it, it’s who handles the “paperwork”.

The way I understand it is if you request DDP the price will go up to cover the cost of import. It’s not that you don’t pay it, it’s who handles the “paperwork”.
I think it might slip though without payment. What happens if it gets caught - whether the seller will take any liability would be interesting. I can reclaim the VAT anyway. But I couldn't get any cheaper shipping quotes, or at least the total amount was more.

As I said above there's just not enough money in the shipping cost to pay the VAT even if the duty is zero. I read somewhere they had found shipping solutions that seemed to bypass the customs. If i find the article again I will post a link

Don`t know if I answer your question, but I ordered 60x cells from Xuba who where sendt CFR. They put it on the ship and paid for shipping. I paid all the other cost to the shipping company and the import.
I paid 157usd for the shipping (to Norway). And used a spedition company to handle all the work, pay the VAT etc when the cells arrived here.
My spedition company told me that if I wanted to order more I should ask them for a quote for shipping. So I think I paid more than I have should..
Anyway, I think 157usd in shipping from China to Norway is cheap. From the harbour to my home (1.5hour drive) I paid the same in freight by truck..
If I remeber correct all the small cost to the shippingcompany, unloading, customspaper etc was about 300usd. And than the VAT on top (25% in Norway).

Only problem I had was the BL (bill of loading). My port needs this in original (not pdf) to get the goods out. And I only had it in pdf.
We solved it by some friendly talk and a express release. But if I had to wait on it to be sendt by post from China I have had to pay 100usd in storage each day waiting.. So if you do seashipping, hang on them to send the BL by post as soon as they have it.

Back