diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have this BMS?? QUCC latest model

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil
Anyone have this BMS?? - my NORTHERN team swears by it -- but just checking your guys .. apparently they saw this a while back on
and picked one up recently ... they say much better than DALY and cheaper ... (although prices does seem to have gone up about 40% in the last month I guess to keep up with DALY

Anyway -- if someone could let me know ..

I did watch the video from OFF-GRID GARAGE ... i am wondering if he is on this forum somewhere - would like to ask him some questions ...

here is where my guys bought theirs ... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001316225854.html

Hey @ghostwriter66 - In that video, he said that the particular BMS he used is no longer made and is out of stock. The link you gave does show the same BMS a bit down the page, but if you click on picture (or the "Buy Now") it comes back to the top of the page. The one he used in the video supports 7s-20s (so would work for a 24V system like mine), whereas the one on the page is for 13s-20s.

Anyway, I don't think the one in the video is available anywhere.

Hey @ghostwriter66 - In that video, he said that the particular BMS he used is no longer made and is out of stock. The link you gave does show the same BMS a bit down the page, but if you click on picture (or the "Buy Now") it comes back to the top of the page. The one he used in the video supports 7s-20s (so would work for a 24V system like mine), whereas the one on the page is for 13s-20s.

Anyway, I don't think the one in the video is available anywhere.

Yep - the one in the video is no longer available and the QUCC ppl said that they one I posted is the new one ... one of my concerns that I am asking them is that they say that their operating voltage is -20c TO 70c which for LiFePO4 is toooo low if -20C is their cutoff for charging .. they are checking for me ..

I assume you mean operating temperature, rather than operating voltage. However, I don't see that it has a low-temp cut-off. Or did I miss that?

If there is no low-temp cut-off, I would guess they are just saying the contactor / relay will work as low as -20°C.

Edit: Ooops! It does say it has "low temperature protection", which may mean low temp cut-off. (Wish they would be more explicit) I guess I'm not sure....

You are correct.
As 48v oriented person I didn't check the lower voltage compatibility.

Their smart is only 13s-20s, and the only smart model.

If they stopped production..
(And already sold out their 4-8s models) there might be underlying problem we not yet know.

Chinese are famous for selling 'not QA passed" products and let the field do the real QA.
(Like Daly with their Smart models)

If they stopped.. what do they know we don't?

You are correct.
As 48v oriented person I didn't check the lower voltage compatibility.

Their smart is only 13s-20s, and the only smart model.

If they stopped production..
(And already sold out their 4-8s models) there might be underlying problem we not yet know.

Chinese are famous for selling 'not QA passed" products and let the field do the real QA.
(Like Daly with their Smart models)

If they stopped.. what do they know we don't?

Just passing on 4th hand info but @Off-Grid-Garage was saying that they said that they were updating their stuff so they are probably waiting tio sell out of one series before doing another ?? don't know - you know how crazy those Chinese ppl can be ...

OK -- they left me a few answers -- so here goes -- so far it all looks very good ... The following are THEIR WORDS NOT MINE ////

Hello, yes, black is the previous appearance, now the product changes the appearance. It is in stock and will be sent out within 24 hours after payment

The temperature can be adjusted, you can refer to this picture

1612046710196.png

-20℃ is the minimum temperature limit, you can adjust it in the APP according to the temperature you want, it is not a fixed temperature

////

OK -- they left me a few answers -- so here goes -- so far it all looks very good ... The following are THEIR WORDS NOT MINE ////

Hello, yes, black is the previous appearance, now the product changes the appearance. It is in stock and will be sent out within 24 hours after payment

View attachment 35228

-20℃ is the minimum temperature limit, you can adjust it in the APP according to the temperature you want, it is not a fixed temperature

////
Had my hopes up there for a minute on the black one.
Looks like the standard xiaoxiang app, heaps of things should be adjustable hopefully.

View attachment 35228

////

Honestly - they need to put @Steve_S on retainer and have him reword the app .. i am not sure what i am reading... like .. what does DISCHARGE UNDER TEMPERATURE RELEASE DELAY mean ??? well actually the entire app page could use a good English "fixin" ...

I hate to make @Will Prowse our guinea pig but would like to see him destroy one of these in the near future ... i ordered one but my means of testing it is usually just catching it on fire almost immediately for some reason ... and then figure out what I did wrong on the next 2 or 3 ... just for those of you that are interested -- most of the time the Chinese in these instructions is just as hard to understand as the English is ... so after about 10 seconds of reading I start looking for drawings and then say what the heck .. lets light this candle ... (another term i learned out here in the middle of nowhere ) ...

Back