diy solar

diy solar

Anyone running a mini-split only on off grid solar?

Mine didn't cover labor but required a receipt showing where I paid a licensed ac person to "prove" the compressor was bad. Grrrrr.
Also you don't count since I assume you had sufficient equipment to subsequently replace the Compressor yourself? :):cool:

I have a 12k 240v Innovair from Signature Solar. This is the second year of use and all going well. In fact it’s close to 100 out right now 12:21pm my panels are putting out 55A battery is charging @33A and the house is 72 inside. 3.65kw of panels. Also running Starlink, Dish, 50” tv and 20qf refrigerator.

Were you able to install those Pinnacle units yourself like the Mr Cool ones or you need to have specialized equipment?

Utility company is a luxury I couldn't afford 0.6 miles off the road and more than a mile from a pole. Congrats on cutting it down but I suspect you cut it down to nothing with strategic insulation.
Probably not. Insulation will not improve the efficency of a cloths dryer.

Were you able to install those Pinnacle units yourself like the Mr Cool ones or you need to have specialized equipment?
Needed ac manifold gauge set, vacuum pump and a damn good hole saw. Got the first two for under 200 at the Harbor Freight but probably could've rented from local HVAC supply company.

Back