diy solar

diy solar

At wits end with 280ah and Overkill BMS

I wouldn't. Give the Internal balancer a week or so and they should be fine. If you wan't, you can track their progress each day.
I really like the overkill bms. But it’s balance current doesn’t even hardly touch a 280ah battery. Especially if it starts out of balance. It would take ages, if ever, to finally balance.

I really like the overkill bms. But it’s balance current doesn’t even hardly touch a 280ah battery. Especially if it starts out of balance. It would take ages, if ever, to finally balance.
Yes, but the OP already Top Balanced his batteries and was just having a problem with the voltage readout on his BMS. The problem resolved when he switched BMS's. There is no indication that he did anything to get them unbalanced so I would certainly give them a try to see how well they are still balanced when they are full. Just my thoughts anyway.

Yes, but the OP already Top Balanced his batteries and was just having a problem with the voltage readout on his BMS. The problem resolved when he switched BMS's. There is no indication that he did anything to get them unbalanced so I would certainly give them a try to see how well they are still balanced when they are full. Just my thoughts anyway.
That’s a good point. They are likely still very close to balanced. Good catch.

Back