diy solar

diy solar

At wits end with 280ah and Overkill BMS

TheCoachStone

6E7B8B86-A1F3-4ACD-8EFA-F1235EC43161.pngI have a 16s 48v 280ah battery. The 1st cell reads crazy out of line no matter what. I have top balanced, rearranged cells, and created an entirely new harness. After installing the new harness tonight, I received the attached readings. I pulled cell one and it read 3.4.

Any ideas?

He said in his last post he verified with a volt meter!

SO yeah it would solve his issue as it would bring all the cells to around the same voltage

JBD fan here. All my JK's have no way to interface with them. The only jacks are the cell leads port and the heater wire port, no way to plug in a BT module. :cry:

Ok so now you have to get the active balancer, if you top balanced these earlier and they are like this means you have IR issues in your cell and the little resistor based balancing on the JBD will not be enough.

JBD fan here. All my JK's have no way to interface with them. The only jacks are the cell leads port and the heater wire port, no way to plug in a BT module. :cry:
Que? It has bluetooth built-in why would you need a module? did you get yours from the 90s?

If you buy good shit you need no stickin support or warranty. Bought 4 so far and they all work flawlessly.
For the most part I agree. But stuff happens. And when it does you want good support snd warranties. Overkill has both. Really their only issues are the current limit, and the passive balancing. But they are still solid BMS’s.

Back