diy solar

diy solar

Auto transfer switch needed

kbean778

I have a Manuel toggle switch that kills my charger when I run my inverter. Do I need an auto transfer switch?

My issue is with my 1100 watt microwave. My inverter shuts off when I try to run it. But will power a 1900 watt blower dryer plugged into an outlet. I will Run the microwave to the same outlet with an extension cord and it turns off also. Then the next day everything works like it should then it will go back to not working again. The microwave works every time off shore or generator power.

I have 2 sok 206 amp hr batteries that are fully charged. I can’t figure out why it works correctly sometimes and not others?

Any help on what I should be testing or look for would be greatly appreciated!

The charger needs to be disconnected if powered by the inverter. Could be permanently rewired to avoid inverter power.

1100 watt MW is probably the cooking power with 1600+ watts input power. May also need 20%+ additional apparent power due to power factor or load reactance. The hair drier is a simple resistance load.

Does the inverter indicate why it shuts down? Probably low voltage or overload.

Low voltage. Goes from 13.2+ to 12.5 then shuts off. Or will just shut off the second the start button is hit. I’ll shut off inverter volts go right back to 13+ volts.

It’s a renogy 3000watt inverter with 6500 watt surge start up. Should be able to run it. Most people run trailer microwaves off a 2000 watt inverter???

13.2 is a bit low on charge. Can they get to 13.6-14.2 zone?

How long are the DC wires and how large? Need 2/0 up to 4' in length. Or are they separate feeders from each battery?

Yes the 3000 inverter should run any appliance that plugs into a common 5-15 outlet.

OK so the inverter will generally continue down to 11.0 to 10.5 volts. (check the specs) Can't imagine how battery voltage at 12.5 allows the inverter to see less than 11.0 volts with 4/0 wire.

While the batteries seem a bit toward the low on charge side.... any chance one battery is shutting down or has a bad connection? I would be looking to monitor the voltage on the actual battery terminals with a separate meter and also the voltage on the inverter terminals. Yes something is wrong.

Maybe post a picture.

What is your low voltage cutoff set to? Are there any other loads running off the inverter besides the microwave?

1100W microwave usually starting power is about 2200W, so renogy 3000W should be enough
Low voltage protection,please check below
1.check the cable connections and ensure the cable size are sufficient,the shorter the better,especially for the high power appliance.
2.one or some of batteries in the battery group maybe defective,remove the defective battery.
3.the inline fuse if has maybe too small

Back