diy solar

diy solar

AVR to clean generator output for AIO inverter

Methuselath

Hello,

Currently I've been using oem chinese generators to feed my MPP Solar U5648GK inverter off grid system. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes the system decides to be a pain and refuses to connect the generator/utility input to the inverter for some reason. Me flailing around on the internet seems to indicate that these oem chinese generators tend to produce dirty power output and even more flailing suggests that using some kind of AVR should be able to help with the issue.

Anyone here has any experience in using AVR to clean up generator output and if there's any recommendation for a good AVR. Or if someone have a better idea in trying to solve this issue?

But I am using flooded lead acid 12v set in series to 48v, in a string of 4 sets. Is the chargeverter compatible for that? Having a chargeverter for each series of battery is waaaaaay out of the budget I have on hand currently.

Cv can be set for voltage in the 48-57v range (forgot the exact range). It should work fine for a 48v (52-56v?) FLA battery. It doesn't have a charge curve, so maybe set it for the float voltage of FLA.

So if I theoretically go the chargeverter route I would just attach it at the end of the string and let it rip, while the rest of the system run as usual (meaning I dont need to disengage the battery from the inverter)?

The CV is connected directly to the battery. Just make sure the charging amps, plus what may be coming from the inverter is not more than the battery can handle. Usually not an issue because PV is insufficient, so not charging the battery.

Ah so there's no disconnection involved.

Thank you boss, I will be looking into this. Solves the issue of getting a bigger genset as well, as those are not cheap these days here in Asia, especially the good ones.

Back