diy solar

diy solar

Baby steppin' into RV Solar via Generator and Power Banks

Naterwilson

One thing I learned by extensive reading, is that knowing your needs to step 1. We discovered that we may not actually need solar, but rather, the ability to add solar later if necessary, but to start with incorporating a power bank that can be charged by either the onboard Onan Gas Generator or the Truck when under way.

Has anyone done this or saw a post with this same scenario?

So i did not see many replies to this. I hope you have found that there are a number of threads on here that deal with that.

Also some u-tubers out there have exactly this in their libraries of videos.

I, in fact am working on this issue for myself. Please DM me if I can assist as you go along. I'm no expert, but I am learning as I go. Good luck on your adventure!

This is what I am doing, mostly because I can't afford to do it all at once (thanks to my pup needing emergency surgery). I am planning my solar out and working it into my overall plan on the front end though... If you search under my posts, you can see various parts of my project - mostly getting the battery bank done to this point. I am in the process of installing my multiplus, orion DC-DC, and all associated wiring right now.

Back