diy solar

diy solar

Balancing with victron smart solar 100/50

marlowe4711

Hello,

For two weeks I have been running a 24V system with a victron Smart Solar 100/50 controller, two 415W HYUNDAI HiE-S415DG panels and two 12.8V 100AH new Redodo batteries (as 24V system)

Battery specifications (s. attached file)

For the controller I kept the standard of absorption voltage of 28.80 and float voltage of 27.60.

Unfortunately there is a problem with charging... once the controller reaches approx. 27.83 V, the BMS switches off the batteries.

Now I have entered the absorption voltage as 27.20 and the float voltage as 26.40 V and the system works.

Since I suspect that the problem is with the batteries not being properly balanced (even though I did it according to the instructions before connecting) could someone please tell me how I can use the manual balancing in the victron Connect app to do this? And which values do I have to enter there?

Sorry for the simple question...I'm a photovoltaic beginner :-/

Many thanks for your help,

marlowe

Ps: sorry for my bad english but i am no native speaker.

Attachments

• Redodo_Config2a.jpg
    Redodo_Config2a.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Ausgleichung.jpg
    Ausgleichung.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 6
The batteries may be out of balance with the BMS in one battery 'seeing' higher voltages.
Try charging the batteries connected in parallel as a 12v system So they reach the same voltage, then reconnect in parallel
A mid point ballancer will help.

If its the out of balance in the individual batteries that's causing issues, then set up a charge voltage as high as possible without triggering the BMS and set up a long absorbtion period. The idea is to keep the volts above the balance threshold, usually 3.4 v per cell, 13.6 for a 12v battery, 27.2 for a 24 volt system, for many hours. Gradually increase the charge voltage as the balance improves.

The batteries will almost fully charged if the volts exceed 27.6 volts, a useful and low stress charge voltage is 28.0 to 28.4 with a float of 26.8 to 27 volts.

Back