diy solar

diy solar

Battery 48V 100A/h Lipo4 discharged completely

ptilouis

Hi, i have a growatt 5kw inverter and a battery 48V 100A/h connected to it, my growatt setting was on charge only from solar Unfortunately no sun for 3 days and the battery was discharged completed ( O V ). The battery is protected by an internal BMS shutting the battery if if it is too low normally i think.
No i cant resart the inverter because the battery is flat. Can i rechargs the battery alone with a charger 48v ?
Why the BMS did not do the job? The solar panels are OK , i have checked the voltage. Many thanks for suggestions...

Jean-Louis Haye South Africa

More than likely the BMS did shutdown. And that's why it shows 0v. You can charge from solar, utility, or any other 48v charging source. If the BMS only shut off discharge. It will wake up on its own after charging. If not, it may need to be reset.

Hi, many thanks for the answer, i dont have unfortunately a charger 48v, so can i use 4 small battery 12volts in serial full just to revive the battery, or i make a big mistake ?

Set the growatt low voltage disconnect higher than the bms low voltage disconnect to avoid this problem in the future.
48 volts is a good LVD for the growatt.

Hi, many thanks for the answer, i dont have unfortunately a charger 48v, so can i use 4 small battery 12volts in serial full just to revive the battery, or i make a big mistake ?
Check the instructions for your particular battery. To see how to restart it. They are all different.
And yes, set the inverter discharge limit higher than the BMS. So that you don't end up in this situation again.

If you have 4 12V batteries, and you wire in a resistor such as a light bulb, not an led or cf bulb, an incandescent bulb, you can wire that in, and safely trickle charge into the battery to wake the bms.

Can the inverter start from solar power only? If that's the case, then you don't really need to do anything, just wait until the sun comes out, no?

Back