diy solar

diy solar

Best BMS (4) 16s-48v battery Banks

Cuemaker

I have read BMS posts until I'm cross-eyed & still can't find exactly what I'm looking for.
Now I have a 280ah-48v battery bank, Daly 16s-250a BMS, about tired of messing with it & want something better.
Planning for the future off-grid setup; (4) 280ah-48v battery banks.
I'm looking at OverKill but not sure the 16s-100a BMS is big enough.
Going to have about 10k watts of solar panels, (2) 100amp Charge Controllers & 10k watt inverter.
The most draw from the system will be 5kw running at any time.
Sorry for being redundant but just can't figure it out.
Thanks

I have read BMS posts until I'm cross-eyed & still can't find exactly what I'm looking for.
Now I have a 280ah-48v battery bank, Daly 16s-250a BMS, about tired of messing with it & want something better.
Planning for the future off-grid setup; (4) 280ah-48v battery banks.
I'm looking at OverKill but not sure the 16s-100a BMS is big enough.
Going to have about 10k watts of solar panels, (2) 100amp Charge Controllers & 10k watt inverter.
The most draw from the system will be 5kw running at any time.
Sorry for being redundant but just can't figure it out.
Thanks

Have you figured out or found in a manual a spec for max inverter current draw on battery side? One solution to the BMS size thing is to add another 16 280Ah pack to half your current draw (of course is a huge expense, but you won't complain about the extra KWh). Then you wouldn't require BMS that needs to support too many amps.

But you could always look at some 200a or 300a JBD BMSs. If you had more batteries you could go down to like the Overkillsolar.com 100a BMS or something.

Also, do you care about having inverter communication with batteries? Inverter-to-BMS communication is something you don't necessarily need but can be a plus, and really affect which BMS you choose to go with.

Example of the JBD BMSs I purchased from Minerals Official Store in China (via Aliexpress):

After all of my research. I settled on the JK-B2A24S20P or B2A20S20P.
They have worked great and the active balancing is a major plus.
It's the only one I will use or recommend.

Jk's are at a good price at moment, bagged myself a spare at £50 cheaper than this time last year.
JK has worked flawlessly for me.

I have a Daly 300 (a paperweight) an Over Kill/Heltec balancer for a trolling battery. Four JK B2A24S20P’s . It’s a no brainer, the JK.

The only place that I see that has the high balance current, high power version in the states at a reasonable price is Eel battery. Others seem to be out of stock.

I'm planning building 4 separate battery banks, each 16s-48v
Like that layout the best, easy to work on if problems come up.
Not sure but I think 100amp BMS on each bank.

I'm planning building 4 separate battery banks, each 16s-48v
Like that layout the best, easy to work on if problems come up.
Not sure but I think 100amp BMS on each bank.
I would go ahead and get 200a .
If you need to work on one or two batteries. Your going to need the others to carry the loads.

I have 3 Seplos V3, 200Amp BMS. They work very well once initial set up is done correctly. The only drawbacks are lack of active balancer and no iOS app. Passive balancer has been working great and keeping my cells within 5mV after a few cycles.

Back