diy solar

diy solar

Battery balance

btemplet

I I have 4 CALB 3.2 battery cells 3 of them 3.3 volts 3.5 how do I balance them

I I have 4 CALB 3.2 battery cells 3 of them 3.3 volts 3.5 how do I balance them
Option 1: 3.x volt battery charger. Charge each battery individually to 3.5 volts. Put them in parallel, and charge to 3.55 volts.

Option 2: 12v bms. Put in series. Balance the pack.

If charging the cells whether individually or in parallel, then any voltage above 3.37 V will fully charge them.

However, you need to be concerned if the balance is being disturbed quickly. Usually indicates something wrong with BMS balancer settings

I don’t have a built-in BMS I am using a daly BMS
Daly BMSes are known to have 150mA passive balancers. If it allows Bluetooth configuration, then you need to tweak those settings to make sure it is kicking in at the end of charge cycle.

What equipment besides batteries you've got with you?
BMS? Benchtop DC Power supply? Balancer Board?

If charging the cells whether individually or in parallel, then any voltage above 3.37 V will fully charge them.

However, you need to be concerned if the balance is being disturbed quickly. Usually indicates something wrong with BMS balancer settings

I had charged each battery sale to 3.5 V hooked in parallel and charge to 3.6 no what to do put them back in charge to 14.4 and do I do this through the BMS or not

I assume you're asking about how to check battery balance:
Charge the battery fully to any voltage above 3.4 to 3.6 V with appropriate cutoff current and then turn BMS charge MOS off.
If your cell voltage are close together after some rest, you have a balanced pack.

Last edited:
Back