diy solar

diy solar

Battery Charge Full and Turns off Inverter

erickbotic

Hello Guys

Im pretty new to this solar stuff... my controller beeps and turns "off" when the battery says its full charged "BOD" which im guessing means battery over charged disconnect but the problem i have is that during the morning it charges the battery quick and turns off my inverter for a quick second... so everything in the house turns off and then back on and keeps doing it over and over

Is there a way for the batter to be fully charged but not to turn everything off?

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 11.13.48 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 11.13.35 AM.jpeg

Last edited:
This happens a lot when the battery is out of balance, and a cell trips the disconnect in the BMS while the scc is still charging. You will get a momentary spike above voltage limits for the inverter.

Maybe try lowering your boost voltage to 27.6v or 28v and see what happens.
I tried and it gives me an error (paramets not valid) and doesnt let me... i actually have two systems and both do the same thing...

These are the numbers i have

Over Volt. Disc: 30
Charge Limit: 29.2
Over Volt. Rec: 28.4
Equal Charge: 28.4
Boost Charge: 29.2
Float Charge: 28.4
Boost Rec: 28.3
Low Volt Rect: 23.2
Under Volt Rect: 24
Under Volt Warn: 23.2
Low Volt Disc: 21.6
Discharge Limit: 23

I tried and it gives me an error (paramets not valid) and doesnt let me... i actually have two systems and both do the same thing...

These are the numbers i have

Charge Limit: 29.2
These are not appropriate settings for an LFP battery.
Change these ones at least:

Charge Limit: 27.6
Equal Charge: 27.6 (or turn equalization off if possible)
Boost Charge: 27.6
Float Charge: 27.0
Boost Rec: 26.4

I tried and it gives me an error (paramets not valid) and doesnt let me...
This is usually because you're trying to change something that normally wouldn't make sense... For example, if you just tried to change your Boost voltage (as in your post above), it would be below the float voltage, which doesn't make sense and would throw an error.
You may need to either change all of them, or change them in a particular order never violating any of the internal checks that the charger does. Things like Equalization > Boost > Float > Boost Rec
So in that case you may need to change Boost Rec first, then work backwards with the rest.

As suggested these voltages are too high.
Set equilisation volts the same as boost volts, boots volts is the charge voltage, suggest setting to 28.4 volts, if you still get issues with the inverter turning off, lower these settings to 28.0 volts, or even 27.6 volts.
Float volts should be 27.0 or 26.6.
Boost recovery lower than Float, 26.4

These control the load outputs and in no way influence charging.

Not related to your problems but it seems you have no overcurrent protection, fuses or breakers in your DC system.

Set equilisation volts the same as boost volts, boots volts is the charge voltage, suggest setting to 28.4 volts, if you still get issues with the inverter turning off, lower these settings to 28.0 volts, or even 27.6 volts.
Float volts should be 27.0 or 26.6.
Boost recovery lower than Float, 26.4
Yup, lots of ways to do it. These settings from @mikefitz should work just fine.

Ok so now its like this

Charge Limit: 27.6
Equal Charge: 27.6
Boost Charge: 27.6
Float Charge: 27.0 (should lower this one to 26.6?)
Boost Rec: 26.4

Let me know what i should change.

Thanks!

Let me know what i should change
Try it with those settings and if OK ( no inverter issues) increase the equalise and boost in stages to 28.4 volts. If issues drop back to a lower voltage. Using voltages in the 28.0 to 28.4 range is more ideal to allow that cell balancing to take place and bring the cells into better balance.

You have to follow specific rules when programming an Epever as specified in the manual.

Attachments

• tracer rules.jpg
    tracer rules.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 4
Back