diy solar

diy solar

Battery goes from full charge to 0V

islaz

Hello,

I have a new Li ion battery that is 14.4v, 6700mAh, 96.5Wh for a heavy duty cinema camera. My goal is to fix it ( not return or bin it)

When it arrived it would not work at all or charge at all.

I fed it a low voltage overnight and now it goes between full charge and zero volts in the following way.

When i measure 0v on the mulitmeter i put it in the charger for a couple of seconds then remove it, if it still measures 0v i do it again, after a few times i get a measures of a full voltage.

I can then use it in the camera fine. however when i turn the camera off and then on again sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont and when i measure it again when its not working it is at 0v again.

I tried discharging it to 14v and then charging it fully. It charged for about 150 mins the manual says it takes 300 minutes to charge.

Any idea what i need to do to fix it as its very unreliable at the moment and i cannot use it. Shame .. when it works its fine.

Here is a link to the battery

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dot-Foto-Premium-6700mAh-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B09Q97DJPK

Last edited:
Dispatches from
Amazon EU
Sold by
Amazon EU

Return it as defective but watch the policy as it is not an Amazon UK supplied item (well it is but it isn't)

thanks for your replys, actually my goal is to fix it ( not return or bin it). any idea how i would fix it ?

I suppose you would have to open it up and test it to find the defect.

Why not ask the vendor for help?

I suppose you would have to open it up and test it to find the defect.

Why not ask the vendor for help?
good question - i should say the vendor has sent me a refund and they don't know how to fix it so they left it with me. Its made in china somewhere. seems a waste to dispose of it.

I have fixed old and worn out dead versions of these batteries by applying a DC voltage of 1.5+ times the rated volts to the terminals for short 10 sec bursts. Recovers them for a few months but really not worth the effort.

Back